Welcome
-> Prepar3D

#1: Welcome Author: pineyLocation: Republic of Southern New Jersey PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 5:36 pm
    ----
Welcome to all.
I have been given the pleasure of being the mod at this new forum

a few quick answers in search of a question

Prepar3D is a new (sort of) flight simulator offered by Lockheed Martin, who purchased the developement rights to Microsoft's Profesional edition of FSX. It is a more stable, more devolped version of that flightsim. To qoute from the official website.

Training meets reality with Lockheed Martin’s Prepar3D® simulation software. Private pilots, commercial organizations, militaries and academia rely on Prepar3D for immersive, experiential learning.

Prepar3D (pronounced “prepared”) is a visual simulation platform that allows users to create training scenarios across aviation, maritime and ground domains. Users can train anywhere in the virtual world, from underwater to sub orbital space.

Prepar3D furthers the development of Microsoft® ESP™ while maintaining compatibility with Microsoft Flight Simulator X, allowing many thousands of add-ons to be used within Prepar3D

This is all very much in it's early stages, but LM is commited to further development of this sim to give us the features a mature FSX might have evolved into.

Orbx is supporting this sim and I expect many more developers will soon be on board.

So let us learn together and from each other. This will be a place to share news, tips, screenshots and general info, in the pleasent traditions of Com Central. Smile

Last edited by piney on Fri Apr 20, 2012 2:49 am; edited 1 time in total

#2: Re: Welcome Author: 401RCAF_HammerLocation: Burlington, Ontario, Canada. PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 5:40 pm
    ----
-S-

Do you think we can dogfight with the f-18 and shoot other aircraft down..?

Hammer

#3: Re: Welcome Author: Uhu_FledermausLocation: Blaricum, The Netherlands ~GMT+1 PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:47 pm
    ----
Congrats Piney on the new job

#4: Re: Welcome Author: bsmartLocation: Central Maryland PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:20 pm
    ----
Ah What part of Lockheed Martin -- I work for them - maybe I can get it for free (or at least get this place unblocked by our corporate weinies so 'I can support the product' Yea that's the ticket

#5: Re: Welcome Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:08 pm
    ----
- bsmart
Ah What part of Lockheed Martin -- I work for them - maybe I can get it for free (or at least get this place unblocked by our corporate weinies so 'I can support the product' Yea that's the ticket

ROFLMAO Bob....

#6: Re: Welcome Author: pineyLocation: Republic of Southern New Jersey PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:19 pm
    ----
- 401RCAF_Hammer
-S-

Hammer

don't know yet Hammer, but it might run FSX Weapons which would allow you to do some of that Wink

I would like to point out that when LM got the rights, they also ended up hiring some of the ACES design team that developed the original for MS, aftyer MS dropped them, so this is an experienced team, not people new to the project

Last edited by piney on Fri Apr 20, 2012 2:50 am; edited 1 time in total

#7: Re: Welcome Author: bsmartLocation: Central Maryland PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:45 am
    ----
- 401RCAF_Hammer
-S-

Hammer

Probably not. I'm sure if it is a real LM product the F-16 and/or F-22 will take anything else out. Who knows a P-38 or an F-104 may also have an unfair advantage Mr. Green

#8: Re: Welcome Author: SnorreLocation: Ziegenhain, Germany PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 6:39 pm
    ----
Interesting to see how this sim will develop. And a good idea to open a forum for it, so we can all follow this interesting development here.

#9: Re: Welcome Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 12:01 am
    ----
Congrats and great idea on the new forum!

Personally I'm excited to see what will come of this! Nice to know the efforts of the ACES team will live on and not be in vain!

-> Prepar3D