How to tell if you're from Michigan...
-> Officer's Club

#1: How to tell if you're from Michigan... Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 7:08 am
    ----
Of course, this is for the U.S. guys, but it's funny if you've been there...lol ..:D

You Know You´re From Michigan When...

1) You define summer as three months of bad sledding.

2) You think alkaline batteries were named for a tiger outfielder.

3) Your idea of a seven-course meal is a six-pack of beer and a bucket of smelt.

4) Owning a Japanese car was a hanging offense in your hometown.

5) You know how to play euchre.

6) The big mac is something you drive across.

7) You bake with soda and you drink pop.

Cool You drive 76 on the highway and pass on the right.

9) Your Little League baseball game was snowed out.

10) You learned to drive a boat before you learned to ride a bicycle.

11) You know how to pronounce "Mackinac".

12) You occasionally cheer "Go Lions -- and take the Tigers with you."

13) The word "thumb" has a geographical rather than an anatomical definition.

14) You have ever experienced frostbite and sunburn in the same week.

15) You expect Vernors when you order ginger ale.

16) You know that Kalamazoo not only actually exists, but that it isn´t very far from Hell.

17) Your favorite holiday are Christmas, Thanksgiving and the first day of deer season (for which schools are officially closed).

18) Your snowmobile and fishing boat have a big block Chevy engine.

19) At least one member in your family disowns you for the week of the Michigan vs. Michigan State football game.

20) Your year has two seasons, winter and construction.

21) You know what a millage is.

22) Travelling coast to coast means going from Port Huron to Muskegon.

23) Half the change in your pocket is Canadian.

24) You can identify an Ohio accent.

25) You show people where you grew up by pointing to your right hand.

#2: Re: How to tell if you're from Michigan... Author: Combat PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 10:38 am
    ----
NOW I GET IT!!!

That totally explains why VA_Col_Spectre is so damn cranky all the time! LMAO!!!
Wink

#3: Re: How to tell if you're from Michigan... Author: SpostaLocation: Michigan PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 2:48 pm
    ----
26) We measure distance in minutes

and

No. 19 only applies if you live in Lansing. The real Big Game is Michigan vs Ohio State. . . . . D'uh

Pass on the right? That's the other guy....not me!

#4: Re: How to tell if you're from Michigan... Author: IMS_JoseCuervoLocation: NEW YORK,PARIS,LONDON,FADETTE PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 3:06 pm
    ----
LMAO!

#5: Re: How to tell if you're from Michigan... Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 7:25 pm
    ----
LOL Mike, I knew you would HAVE to say something about that post...lol

Odd thing is, I grew up in Chicago and can relate to most of that, including passing on the right...lol

Oh, and I love the Big Block Chevy one too....:D

#6: Re: How to tell if you're from Michigan... Author: Guest PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 2:32 am
    ----
hey now lol me and 2112 are from MI

#7: Re: How to tell if you're from Michigan... Author: HA_needacarLocation: Michigan PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 2:33 am
    ----
that was me btw lol

#8: Re: How to tell if you're from Michigan... Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 5:00 am
    ----
HIya Needa! And Yep, I knew 2112 was around the Detroit area, how's he doing? I haven't seen him in quite a while...:D

#9: Re: How to tell if you're from Michigan... Author: HA_needacarLocation: Michigan PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 10:11 am
    ----
ya he's doin fine, still in ridge runners drinkin beers an stuff. I got a new laptop so i've been dippin in there as well. Still need to pick up aep,fb and pf somewhere since they're not carrying it at my best buy from some reason.

eucher is a sport here. Cool

and in reference to #26 i made kalamazoo in 2hrs flat from about 25min's north of detroit lol

#10: Re: How to tell if you're from Michigan... Author: SpostaLocation: Michigan PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 3:17 pm
    ----
- Shadow_Bshwackr
LOL Mike, I knew you would HAVE to say something about that post...lol

Odd thing is, I grew up in Chicago and can relate to most of that, including passing on the right...lol

Oh, and I love the Big Block Chevy one too....:D

Mr. Green Its'a mid-west thingy, Bush.

27) If you're from Detroit, you know at least one person who claims to have grown-up down the street from Ted Nugent or Bob Seger.

#11: Re: How to tell if you're from Michigan... Author: HA_needacarLocation: Michigan PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 2:02 pm
    ----
or kid rock, i've met a ton of ppl who' used to be old drinkin buddies with him. I live really close to romeo though (where he lives)

-> Officer's Club