How to Buy a 1911 .45
-> Guns and Other Weapons Systems Apart From Artillery

#1: How to Buy a 1911 .45 Author: 401RCAF_HammerLocation: Burlington, Ontario, Canada. PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 3:35 pm
    ----
-S-

This is Pete from " The Armory Channel " on youtube. He is a gun nut and has great videos with laughs thrown in.

In this clip he giving some good advice on what to look for if you are thinking about getting a 1911 .45 acp. He has lots of good reviews and advice on his channel.

www.youtube.com/watch?...ature=plcp

I have a Norinco 1911a1 .45 with Pachmayr grips on it and love shooting it. The 1911 .45 is the best handgun ever made and set the bar.

here is mine when I first got it....

www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9oJc0loKn0

Here is when I first fired it at my gun club..worked great..!!

www.youtube.com/watch?...el&list=UL

Hammer Smile Cool Smile Cool Smile

#2: Re: How to Buy a 1911 .45 Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 4:16 pm
    ----
- 401RCAF_Hammer
-S-

This is Pete from " The Armory Channel " on youtube. He is a gun nut and has great videos with laughs thrown in.

"You can split a fly's a$$ cheeks wit' dis' gun?" Really.

Giving ol' Pete the benefit of the doubt, I don't think he'd be my go-to guy on 1911 advice...to say nothing of his presentation style. Just sayin'. Wink

Having watched all the three videos, I'd trust your gun handling ahead of that of ol' Pete.

FYI, while most sideways wobble of a 1911 trigger disappears as soon as you start to take up the slack, it's also generally more noticeable on the default plastic triggers so many manufacturers are using these days (even late model Colt's had cheapo plastic triggers). Installing a quality metal trigger with overtravel adjustment is one of the simplest and cheapest improvements to 1911 operation you can make. Requires a fairly full frame strip, but that's not difficult...

A quick check shows Wilson lightweight triggers on Midway to be $34.99. I've used Wilson and Videki (don't know if Videki is even still around)

...yes, they are, and it's only $23.99 at Midway. I've had one of these on my Colt (original) Series '70 since 1986 and love it.

www.midwayusa.com/prod...num-silver

-> Guns and Other Weapons Systems Apart From Artillery