Wildegg. Militärmuseum
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Wildegg. Militärmuseum Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:42 pm
    ----
Chris kindly informed me the place is now open to the public, six days a year:
www.militaermuseumwildegg.ch/

So I visited them last Saturday. I'll post pictures on Flickr asap.

I was already there together with Chris in late 2010. At that time I screwed most of my pictures since I failed to realize I had wrong settings on my camera. The experience was so frustrating for me that I never published any shot Sad
Since that time they enlarged the hangar and now there is more space available, especially around the tanks. Space remains limited for many softskins instead.

The collection is mostly about post WW-II Swiss Army, they have 10 AFVs, plenty of softskins and a good selection of Swiss artillery. They have some nice WW II USA vehicles too. Almost all vehicles are in running conditions. Among the tanks only the AMX-13 isn't a runner.

I chatted a bit with some people over there, they say being officially recognized as a museum is a major step for them, not only for the ability to collect tickets, but because it will be much easier to get surplus material from the Army. In fact they should get a Pz 68 bridgelayer soon, that one is huge and will fill a large part of the extra space they've got last year. They should get more M113s too (there is only one), just like Full and Schaffausen did.

They invited me to visit them again, outside official opening days, so that I would be able to climb over and enter the tanks. That's an offer I can't refuse and I will see if Chris would like to join for a visit later this year, maybe once the bridgelayer Pz 68 will be there.

All in all it's another interesting place for AFV enthusiasts in Switzerland.

Massimo

#2: climbing Author: zemsiLocation: Switzerland PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:57 pm
    ----
- Massimo_Foti

They invited me to visit them again, outside official opening days, so that I would be able to climb over and enter the tanks. That's an offer I can't refuse and I will see if Chris would like to join for a visit later this year, maybe once the bridgelayer Pz 68 will be there.

... let me know when you wanna get your tank climbing degree in Wildegg

#3: Re: climbing Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 7:45 pm
    ----
- zemsi
... let me know when you wanna get your tank climbing degree in Wildegg

My agenda is pretty much full up to the end of September. I'll let you know once I'll have a tentative date.

Massimo

-> AFV News Discussion Board