A great read: FW190 vs. Corsair vs. Hellcat evaluation
-> Officer's Club

#1: A great read: FW190 vs. Corsair vs. Hellcat evaluation Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 11:32 am
    ----
Yo...Stoopy!

mywebpages.comcast.net...ndex1.html

#2: Re: A great read: FW190 vs. Corsair vs. Hellcat evaluation Author: Uhu_FledermausLocation: Blaricum, The Netherlands ~GMT+1 PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 12:27 pm
    ----
Cool

Great read indeed !!

Thankx for sharing !!

fled
Cool

#3: Re: A great read: FW190 vs. Corsair vs. Hellcat evaluation Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 7:54 pm
    ----
Great reading indeed!

Funny how a simulation such as CFS or IL2 shows some of these same characteristics described for the F4U, Hellcat and FW190...:wink:

I was pleasantly surprised at the handling characteristics of the FW. The evaluator's saying how easy is it to fly and how even in steep dives, it doesn't 'overpower' the pilot. I wonder if they would have the same opinion of the ME109?

Great find Ascout...:wink:

#4: Re: A great read: FW190 vs. Corsair vs. Hellcat evaluation Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 9:43 pm
    ----
WOW!!!!

That was outstanding! 2 of those aircraft are my absolute favorites in combat sims (Fw190 and F6F)....absolutely enjoyed readung that and THANKS so much for passing it along!!

And that FW190 is such a gorgeously shaped bird......is it just me or was there just something even more beautiful and menacing about it dressed up in USA markings????

#5: Re: A great read: FW190 vs. Corsair vs. Hellcat evaluation Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 6:09 am
    ----
I was surprized by the F6F performance. Expected climb, acceleration and roll to be better for a carrier-based fleet interdiction fighter that was pretty much all-engine surrounded by a minimum of airframe.

The Corsair came off very well, methinks.

#6: Re: A great read: FW190 vs. Corsair vs. Hellcat evaluation Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 2:36 pm
    ----
Agreed! I found the climb rate surprising as well for that same reason.....when you have more power you always see the gains in climb rate before straight and level flight, and the FW190 also has less wing (which is why the poor turning performance) and that impacts climb rate as well. There's no way to BMW radial could compare to our great Pratt & Whitney powerplants. So it was very very surprising reading!

-> Officer's Club