Decided to get back into Dirt Biking.
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  :| |:
-> JG300 Wild Sau Gruppe Public Forum

#46: Re: Decided to get back into Dirt Biking. Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 4:07 pm
    ----
- JG300-Ascout

Take the course, get the benefits and remove all doubt. Wink

Absolutely.

Forgive my misunderstanding and I thought about mentioning it but didn't want to sound preachy. Very glad to hear you're thinking of going this way Richard. FWIW my son also took the basic course and enjoyed it, although he didn't yet have his drivers license at the time and so had nothing to add the endorsement to...it's just as well since he has found he has no interest in riding, at least at this point in his life. But it was still worthwhile to him to learn the basics and pass the test, even aced the figure-8's inside "the box" (in the rain even) at the end of the second day.

Although self-taught I've gradually become something of a safety and proficiency nut and have read David L. Hough's "Proficient Motorcycling" volumes I and II and am halfway through his latest book "Mastering the Ride"...recommended reading and I'll mail you my copies if you want to borrow them, really good stuff. I regularly practice the parking lot drills outlined in those books, and the lessons and advice have helped SAVED MY HIDE dozens of times over the years in congested, careless, frantic and generally f'd-up freeway and city commuter traffic here on the outskirts of D.C.. Same lessons and advice apply to the street side of dual-sport riding while you're on the way to that cool jeep trail or fire road.
/soapbox off/

Oh geez now you got to get some cool riding gear to go with that awesome Enduro...

#47: Re: Decided to get back into Dirt Biking. Author: JG300-fr8ycatLocation: Los Angeles PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 8:49 pm
    ----
- JG300-Stoopy
recommended reading and I'll mail you my copies if you want to borrow them, really good stuff.

That would be very cool and I'd appreciate it.

- JG300-Stoopy
Oh geez now you got to get some cool riding gear to go with that awesome Enduro...

Yep, my wife already knows whats on my Christmas list.

-> JG300 Wild Sau Gruppe Public Forum