Omaha, Nebraska
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Omaha, Nebraska Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 2:07 am
    ----
FYI I'm flying to Omaha tomorrow for the College World Series championship series - Go Gamecocks!

While I'm in town I'll try to visit a few tanks, including the State Armory Museum - as well as the SAC Museum of course.

If there are any requests let me know - although I probably wont venture too far outside Omaha. So no trips to the Heartland Museum of Military Vehicles in Lexington, NE - or Fort Riley, KS for that matter.

Neil

#2: Re: Omaha, Nebraska Author: vagabondLocation: Constantly moving across US PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 5:47 am
    ----
Neil -

We stopped by Omaha on our recent travels.
We tried to find the M60 listed at: 
American Legion Post 374, 4618 S 139th St (N41 12.768 W96 7.941) No Tank - just a big empty slab.

Also no tank that we could see at: American Legion Post 1, 7811 Davenport Street, Omaha, NE

Didn't have a chance to look for the one listed at:
VFW Post 8334, 5083 South 136th Street, Millard, Omaha, NE

Also on that trip we went to the Heartland Museum in Lexington and also photographed the outside AFV displays at the State Arsenal Military Museum (N40 49.764 W96 41.808) in Lincoln, NE. We'll post photos soon!

Have fun at the SAC Museum - they have a terrific collection - don't miss the B-36!!

Cheers!

#3: Re: Omaha, Nebraska Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 1:07 am
    ----
As it turns out I didnt have quite as much free time as I thought I would - and I ended up returning a day early Sad

That being said, VB, the SAC Museum was very impressive indeed!

#4: Re: Omaha, Nebraska Author: binder001 PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 6:28 pm
    ----
Yes, the Omaha area is pretty sparse. There are a few AFVs around Nebraska, but they are usually single tanks or guns in a city park or by a VFW.

VB, I wish I knew you were coming through the area, I could have given you directions to a few items.

#5: Re: Omaha, Nebraska Author: vagabondLocation: Constantly moving across US PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 5:25 am
    ----
Thanks for the offer, Gary!

We did a drive by of the NE stuff as we were doing an overnight drive from Grand Rapids to Denver!! We left right after the show and drove straight through - the sun came up near Omaha and we went looking for AFVs there, stopped by the museum in Lincoln (closed at that time) and then got to Heartland Museum in Lexington for a quick run through (literally) then off to Denver.

The glamour of show biz! LOL!!
VB

-> AFV News Discussion Board