List of M5 3-inch Anti-tank guns?
-> Artillery Forum

#1: List of M5 3-inch Anti-tank guns? Author: Kurt_Laughlin PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 3:15 am
    ----
Anyone have a list of M5 3-inch annti-tank gun locations? Or at least those in PA, WV, and OH?

Thx,
KL

#2: Re: List of M5 3-inch Anti-tank guns? Author: armyjunk2 PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 1:32 pm
    ----
Kurt, Thats something Ive never bother to keep track of, we have tons of them here in IN,KY, IL and OH. along with the 57mm's Sorry no help here

#3: Re: List of M5 3-inch Anti-tank guns? Author: ShermanWasRightLocation: Central Ohio/Northern Kentucky PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:28 am
    ----
I can give you those I've found so far, will that help any?

#4: Re: List of M5 3-inch Anti-tank guns? Author: armyjunk2 PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 2:08 am
    ----
Hi Kurt, I will send you a list of the 3 states tomorrow, its pretty complete.....I forgot I had the list.

#5: Re: List of M5 3-inch Anti-tank guns? Author: armyjunk2 PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 2:23 pm
    ----
kurt check your private mail

#6: Re: List of M5 3-inch Anti-tank guns? Author: Kurt_Laughlin PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 1:06 am
    ----
- ShermanWasRight
I can give you those I've found so far, will that help any?

Sure!

They made 2500 of these, it wouldn't surprise me if there were 2000 left.

I'm trying to pin down when some features transitioned, so any info is appreciated.

Thanks,
KL

#7: Re: List of M5 3-inch Anti-tank guns? Author: binder001 PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:40 pm
    ----
I don't know what you have, but there are two 3" M5 AT guns sitting in the town square at Junction City, KS and another at Sidney, NE

#8: Re: List of M5 3-inch Anti-tank guns? Author: ShermanWasRightLocation: Central Ohio/Northern Kentucky PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:35 pm
    ----
ArmyJunk, if you could send me a copy of that list as well I'd appreciate it. I just recently completed a new version of my Ohio preserved stuff map and it'll help me see if I've missed anything.

Kurt, I'll send you along a copy of the documentation for the M5's I've photographed/visited personally once I edit in coordinates for each one; I'll also make up a list of ones I've found via internet mapping but have not yet visited, but it'll take a bit longer.

-> Artillery Forum