Three Amigos in Overloon
Go to page 1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14  Next  :| |:
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Three Amigos in Overloon Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 6:12 pm
    ----
I feel the discussion deserves a dedicated topic, so I am promoting it out of "Our plans and trips to military museums"!

As Michel said, Walter very kindly picked me up at the train station and drove me to Overloon, Michel joined us there.

The weather was okay and there was no traffic jam on a critical bridge. But that's expected, because I am a lucky guy Laughing

First thing I discovered, Michel is bigger than me Shocked
Walter instead has longer hairs Laughing

Overloon's Museum is even better than I expected. Looking at the AFVs list and the pictures online, I didn't realized there were so many cool softskins. The heavy trucks, trailers and engineering vehicles are worth the visit alone.
There were also a few interesting vehicles from private collectors, on temp loan to the Museum (more details once I'll have the pics ready).
Typically in such a place I would shot 2000+ pictures within a single day (I guess that qualify as a compulsive disorder), but I had so much fun chatting with the other two Amigos, that I took less than 1000 Shocked

- Michel_Krauss

- He didn't use all the camera's he took along (he used only 2 out of 3 .. or did he bring 4 );

I only had 3 cameras. I took an extra DSLR as a spare and to have Walter use it. But he prefer to not take any picture

- Michel_Krauss

- His camera on a pole system works very well

Nothing new, I just took inspiration from other people here and I assembled a solution with commercially available equipment.
I am glad both you and Walter like it, it's an interesting tool and gives a new perspective.

- Michel_Krauss

- I learned a lot about operating my camera Mr. Green

You are moving in the right direction. Still you better take more control of your camera. It's a good one, but modern cameras pretends they are smarter than humans... That's not the case Wink

- Michel_Krauss

To be short:
We had a very good and enjoyful day

Yes, it was great to meet both of you in person. I had a great day
We should do similar things more often

Massimo

#2: Re: Three Amigos in Overloon Author: WalterLocation: Arnhem PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 6:32 pm
    ----
I had a great day too !
Since I have seen Overloon so many times I didn't feel the urge to take pictures.And when not taking pictures you can look around more easy

How did the visit to Delft end ? any good pictures from the Japanese tank ?

And like Massimo said ,next time maybe some more Amigo's ?

Walter

#3: Re: Three Amigos in Overloon Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 6:37 pm
    ----
- Walter
How did the visit to Delft end ? any good pictures from the Japanese tank ?

I'll open a dedicated topic on Delft as soon as I will have the first pictures available. I am still reordering my files and due to the difficult light conditions over there, I definitely have post-processing work to do as well. The Type 97 will take priority of course. After a first glance, looks like I've got some decent shots considering the conditions.

Massimo

#4: Re: Three Amigos in Overloon Author: Michel_KraussLocation: Zuid-Holland, The Netherlands PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:15 pm
    ----
- Walter
And like Massimo said ,next time maybe some more Amigo's ?

Walter

We could try to create a new gang "alibaba and the 40 thie......" Wink

#5: Re: Three Amigos in Overloon Author: WalterLocation: Arnhem PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 12:10 am
    ----
And who will play Alibaba ? Massimo maybe
and then we will be 2 of the 40

#6: Re: Three Amigos in Overloon Author: L.Delsing PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 5:20 am
    ----
Potential candidates show their portfolio every tuesday evening at 20.30 hrs on channel 1 (http://www.avro.nl/tv/programmas_a-z/opsporing_verzocht) Wink

#7: Re: Three Amigos in Overloon Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:15 am
    ----
I am ordering my pictures and still have a few things to identify. Walter, what about the german light truck from a private collector? Looks like a kind of Steyr 2000. Do you know its exact model?

Massimo

#8: Re: Three Amigos in Overloon Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 2:00 pm
    ----
In the future, we expect a video of the....

Three Amigos Salute

#9: Re: Three Amigos in Overloon Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:06 pm
    ----
lol, excellent video DOug

#10: Re: Three Amigos in Overloon Author: WalterLocation: Arnhem PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:33 pm
    ----
- Massimo_Foti
I am ordering my pictures and still have a few things to identify. Walter, what about the german light truck from a private collector? Looks like a kind of Steyr 2000. Do you know its exact model?

Massimo

It's a Steyr 2000 A

#11: Re: Three Amigos in Overloon Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:31 am
    ----
Thanks!

Massimo

#12: Re: Three Amigos in Overloon Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:00 pm
    ----
Time to start sharing some pictures:

A30 Cruiser Mk VIII Challenger by Massimo Foti, on Flickr

#13: Re: Three Amigos in Overloon Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 5:47 am
    ----
I'm still disappointed that the Challenger is partially hidden by its own camouflage...

indeed the museums displays a camouflage net that looks like an A30 Challenger Neutral

P-O

#14: Re: Three Amigos in Overloon Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 6:03 am
    ----
- the_shadock
I'm still disappointed that the Challenger is partially hidden by its own camouflage...

I am disappointed too, but from what Michel said seems like the tank isn't in great shape and the net helps covering some issues.

Massimo

#15: Re: Three Amigos in Overloon Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 3:00 pm
    ----
Two amigos and a Cromwell Smile

Cromwell Mk IV by Massimo Foti, on Flickr

-> AFV News Discussion Board