The Baddest Pick-Up Ever?
-> Officer's Club

#1: The Baddest Pick-Up Ever? Author: RAF92_MoserLocation: Illinois PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 2:29 pm
    ----
We all NEED one of these.... Mr. Green

www.internationaldeliv...ur_cxt.htm

#2: Re: The Baddest Pick-Up Ever? Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 2:38 pm
    ----
Oh HELL YEAH!!!!!!

LMAO!!!!! Just PERFECT for running to the dump in!!!!!

#3: Re: The Baddest Pick-Up Ever? Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 5:24 pm
    ----
Too "wussiefied". Cab too small. An M60A1 would have it for lunch. Twisted Evil

I haven't finished the inside yet, but I'm thinking wetbar, waterbed, ammo feeds for the miniguns.....

In case of confusion: This is a 5(or maybe 10)-ton cargo fitted with the hull of an M113 Armored Personnel Carrier. It was done in 'Nam a few times, but the hull was just plugged onto the bed. Here, it's been better "integrated" to include the driver in the traditional driver's postion on an M113.

#4: Re: The Baddest Pick-Up Ever? Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 7:43 pm
    ----
Durn strange lookin' tailgate on that there thang...but I guess it's OK as long as ya kin still drive around town with it unlatched!

And the gun rack is aready integrated I'll bet....cool timesaver there!

#5: Re: The Baddest Pick-Up Ever? Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 8:06 pm
    ----
- JG300-Stoopy
Durn strange lookin' tailgate on that there thang...but I guess it's OK as long as ya kin still drive around town with it unlatched!

And the gun rack is aready integrated I'll bet....cool timesaver there!

Well, what you be lookin' at is the a**-end of one of these. BTW, that whole rear ramp comes down...that's just the hatch that's open. The one pictured here is the one the ol' Ascout commanded with 2/11th ACR in RVN ("Medicine Man's Head Shoppe"). I didn't open my ramp much...the cable was broke and it took 4 guys to close....3 to lift and one inside to throw the lock from the driver's postion. Something about carrying too many sandbags on the lowered rear ramp like the tailgate of a pickup truck. Rolling Eyes

Gunrack? Well, yeah, but with one M2 .50 cal and 2 M60 7.62 MG's, you just stuck the little stuff wherever there was room. Wink
It's looking a little rough here..."downtime" at Fire Support Base "Fiddler's Green", Hau Nghia province post-mission...haven't had the cleaning lady in yet....

#6: Re: The Baddest Pick-Up Ever? Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 12:13 pm
    ----
And this is a VN service M113ACAV with the ramp down. What's weird about this pic (since it's not mine) is that it belongs to a fellow G Trooper who was there at the same time I was (a troop is like, 100 guys...like a "company") and we were in the field together but never met. We have become buddies on the Armored Fighting Vehicle forum in the last three years where we virtually "met".

This is his second platoon vehicle "Boom-Boom".

Now you know what the "tailgate" looks like...

-> Officer's Club