CFB Borden - Outdoor Exhibits/Various Locations Gallery
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: CFB Borden - Outdoor Exhibits/Various Locations Gallery Author: vagabondLocation: Constantly moving across US PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:12 am
    ----
Hello All -

We’ve added a gallery of photos of AFVs and Artillery displayed at various outside locales on and around CFB Borden, ON.

www.vgbimages.com/AFV-...062_3VhQ6h

M4A1(75) Grizzly

Cougar

M60A3 SN2938A

M113 SNF2250

M24

1941 15 cm schwere Feldhaubitze 18 #1

Plenty of other AFVs and Artillery - enjoy!!

#2: Re: CFB Borden - Outdoor Exhibits/Various Locations Gallery Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 5:37 am
    ----
Thank you!
This gun is a 47 mm SA 37 APX:
www.vgbimages.com/AFV-...&k=9SKdp9m

You can see one in Saumur:
www.flickr.com/photos/...5726277470

Most likely it's one of the many captured by the German Army, the Russian F-22 gun may be a former German gun too.

I am quite surprised about the 149 mm howitzer:
www.vgbimages.com/AFV-...&k=BrRKWtN

It's clearly an Italian piece, from Ansaldo, but with many strange details, the wheels are likely a fake, but I never seen such a shield.

Massimo

#3: Re: CFB Borden - Outdoor Exhibits/Various Locations Gallery Author: BruceClark PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:50 pm
    ----
Well done Vagabond! Looks like you tracked down most of the stuff that is scattered around base. Did you take any pictures of the artifacts inside the museum buildings?

Bruce

#4: Re: CFB Borden - Outdoor Exhibits/Various Locations Gallery Author: WalterLocation: Arnhem PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:50 pm
    ----
Did I overlook ,or did I mis the Wirbelwind ?

#5: Re: CFB Borden - Outdoor Exhibits/Various Locations Gallery Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 4:03 pm
    ----
- Walter
Did I overlook ,or did I mis the Wirbelwind ?

That one is already covered in a gallery that Paul posted some time ago:
www.vgbimages.com/AFV-...;k=2sRg6Mz

Massimo

#6: Re: CFB Borden - Outdoor Exhibits/Various Locations Gallery Author: vagabondLocation: Constantly moving across US PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:58 pm
    ----
Thanks for the IDs, Massimo!

Thanks Bruce!

Bruce and Walter - We did photograph the exhibits inside the museum as well, but wanted to post a gallery of the items we had not seen/posted previously. Mrs VB did take high-angle photos of the museum exhibits and some of the AFVs in Worthington Park. I plan to add those photos to the existing gallery from 2008 that Massimo linked to in his post - Thanks Massimo!

Cheers

#7: Re: CFB Borden - Outdoor Exhibits/Various Locations Gallery Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:30 pm
    ----
Glad to be of help

Massimo

#8: Re: CFB Borden - Outdoor Exhibits/Various Locations Gallery Author: BruceClark PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:48 pm
    ----
Thanks for the note, Paul.

and glad to see that the visit was a success.
Just got a note stating that the unique Grizzly/Firefly that was sent to a Toronto High School for "restoration" is to be returned to Borden. Not sure on timing but I'll be on base within the month and will be interested to see if it has shown up. Not sure whether they plan to put it inside or slap it back outside...

Bruce

-> AFV News Discussion Board