Three Amigos in Lesany
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next  :| |:
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#166: Re: Three Amigos in Lesany Author: JiriTinteraLocation: Prague, Czech Republic PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 9:17 pm
    ----
Dear Sirs,
a few days ago arrived from Switzerland to the museum Lešany Panzerwagen 39. In his arsenal are two 7,5mm Panzerwagen Maschinengewehr 1938. I am very interested in learning more about these MG. I would like to become acquainted with technical specifications, photographs and drawings. Thank you in advance for your answers.

P. S.
I apologize for using electronic translator.

Last edited by JiriTintera on Sun Aug 28, 2016 10:41 pm; edited 1 time in total

#167: Re: Three Amigos in Lesany Author: AdamiczLocation: Prague, Czech Republic PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 11:07 am
    ----
- Adamicz
I've found some recent pics of the LT vz. 38 from Lesany which has been in reconstruction in the last two years. It got a new camouflage, the bigger road wheels (from Hetzer?) are gone and frame antenna has been added to the side of the hull. Now, it should look as the first serial LT vz. 38's from the original order by the Czechoslovakian Army.

source: bobrahakl.rajce.idnes....7.7._2016/

pics:

img23.rajce.idnes.cz/d....jpg?ver=2

Some new footage of the newly reconstructed LT vz. 38. During the reconstruction, it has been discovered, that the tank is one of the first 10 produced tanks of this type. Also the tank had been damaged on the eastern front, as the turret was shot through by some Soviet anti-tank weapon.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZ_A4hRJC3U

#168: Re: Three Amigos in Lesany Author: AdamiczLocation: Prague, Czech Republic PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 12:45 pm
    ----
Pics from this years Tank Day:

www.vhu.cz/zhavy-letni...nech-2016/

#169: Re: Three Amigos in Lesany Author: zemsiLocation: Switzerland PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 8:14 pm
    ----
... good to see the Swiss Pzw 39 made a special appearance Smile

#170: Re: Three Amigos in Lesany Author: AdamiczLocation: Prague, Czech Republic PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 5:02 pm
    ----
VHÚ obtained a LVT4 from the Normandy Tank Museum auction sales and is already in Lesany.

www.vhu.cz/dalsi-unika...h-operaci/

#171: Re: Three Amigos in Lesany Author: JimWebLocation: The back of beyond PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 1:56 pm
    ----
- Adamicz
VHÚ obtained a LVT4 from the Normandy Tank Museum auction sales and is already in Lesany.

Badly rebuilt shell that needs a lot of work to get it looking more like an original.

#172: Re: Three Amigos in Lesany Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 8:37 pm
    ----
well, why do Lesany want a LVT? Is it Czech army related?

Pierre-Olivier

#173: Re: Three Amigos in Lesany Author: AdamiczLocation: Prague, Czech Republic PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 8:29 pm
    ----
- JimWeb
- Adamicz

Badly rebuilt shell that needs a lot of work to get it looking more like an original.

That would explain the low price But yeah, it needs a lot of work, although I'm sceptical they're gonna do anything about it. At least not in the near future. In the last years, Lesany are doing great job when renovating Czechoslovakian designs (LT v.z 35. LTP, Strv m/37, recent reconstruction of LT vz. 38), including small details, with a lot of research behind it. But when it comes to foreign vehicles, it seems to me, they are somehow satisfied with some basic repairs, especially, if the vehicle will just stay in the indoor exhibits, which will be case of the LVT4.

- the_shadock
well, why do Lesany want a LVT? Is it Czech army related?

Pierre-Olivier

Partly because it was a bargain, partly because Lesany don't want to be exclusively related just to Czechoslovakian/Czech army but also show to visitors a broader picture at the world military history. Personally, I think, if it was part of the European war theatre, I have no complaints Smile

And now some news:

Lesany has bought M3A1 Stuart from Netherlands. It is a runner, with spare engine and tracks.

Also some new exhibits are planned, finally in the brand new halls:

Czechoslovakian Army 1964-1989 ; Foreign missions of the Czech Army; Tank Hall and Artillery Hall.

#174: Re: Three Amigos in Lesany Author: AdamiczLocation: Prague, Czech Republic PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 5:38 pm
    ----
Been there today for 2017 season opening, took some pics:

themess.net/forum/mili...on-opening

#175: Re: Three Amigos in Lesany Author: AdamiczLocation: Prague, Czech Republic PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 5:14 pm
    ----
Some pics from this years Tank Day:

themess.net/forum/mili...-in-lesany

#176: Re: Three Amigos in Lesany Author: AdamiczLocation: Prague, Czech Republic PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:40 pm
    ----
new acquisitions:

AMX-13/75
Panhard EBR
OB 155mm 50 BF
Fiat 18 BLR (pic)

#177: Re: Three Amigos in Lesany Author: JiriTinteraLocation: Prague, Czech Republic PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 11:22 am
    ----
- Adamicz
new acquisitions:
AMX-13/75
Panhard EBR
OB 155mm 50 BF
Fiat 18 BLR (pic)

Dear colleague,
the previous owners of this technique can be identified.

P. S.
With the French tank AMX-13 I last met at the Museum of Armored Machines in Smržovka.

#178: Re: Three Amigos in Lesany Author: AdamiczLocation: Prague, Czech Republic PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 12:58 pm
    ----
One of the new acquisitions which Museum presented at the season opening today is also KdF 166 Schwimmwagen

AMX-13/75

#179: Re: Three Amigos in Lesany Author: AdamiczLocation: Prague, Czech Republic PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2018 5:55 pm
    ----
Another Tank Day was held today at the museum. Among others, Renault FT from Saumur (the Afghan one) made an appearance. It has been borrowed for about three months at the occasion of the 100th anniversary of the founding of Czechoslovakia (Renault FT was the first tank in the Czechoslovakian army), so it will be presented also at the military parade in Prague this October.

Posted my gallery at themess as always:

themess.net/forum/mili...-in-lesany

#180: Re: Three Amigos in Lesany Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 3:42 am
    ----
Pretty cool!

Massimo

-> AFV News Discussion Board