Passing of Neil Armstrong
Go to page 1, 2  Next  :| |:
-> Officer's Club

#1: Passing of Neil Armstrong Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:27 pm
    ----
Sad as it is to say, the first man on the moon has now left on the final mission. Godspeed, Neil.

us.cnn.com/2012/08/25/...?hpt=hp_t1

#2: Re: Passing of Neil Armstrong Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:26 am
    ----
Rather nice write up here:

scienceblogs.com/start...-so-do-we/

#3: Re: Passing of Neil Armstrong Author: JG300-1BulletLocation: Odessa, Texas PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 2:59 am
    ----
Mr. Armstrong. You were an inspiration to a generation. Gods Speed, and have fun out there...........It's one small step

#4: Re: Passing of Neil Armstrong Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 3:07 am
    ----
- JG300-Stoopy
Rather nice write up here:

scienceblogs.com/start...-so-do-we/

Classy, concise. The way I imagine he'd have wanted it.

#5: Re: Passing of Neil Armstrong Author: Uhu_FledermausLocation: Blaricum, The Netherlands ~GMT+1 PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 11:30 am
    ----
I remember vividly watching the transmission from up there with the first comments, may he soar with the stars.

#6: Re: Passing of Neil Armstrong Author: RudderLocation: Maricopa, AZ PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 3:30 pm
    ----
I was working at Motorola at the time and the group I worked in (Aero Space) built and I tested the radio that was used on that mission and all the missions Nasa had till 1995 when I retired. Fantastic career.
Rudder

#7: Re: Passing of Neil Armstrong Author: ShadesLocation: 3rd Branch up, 'Ye Olde Oak', Green Wood. PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 4:16 pm
    ----
Geeze Rudder!
You must be even older than Ascout!

Sad news indeed.
I was but a skwirrell cub when it happened, but I can still remember staying up to watch.

#8: Re: Passing of Neil Armstrong Author: pineyLocation: Republic of Southern New Jersey PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:32 pm
    ----
in a class by himself, Godspeed sir

#9: Re: Passing of Neil Armstrong Author: RudderLocation: Maricopa, AZ PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:52 pm
    ----
Shades
I guess you are right on my birthday Sept 4th I will be 80 can't believe it my self. I am still working, plan to quit later this year after Xmas. I worked in The Aero Space Division of Motorola in Scottsdale AZ. Motorola was soul sourse for Nasa, no other Co was able to build a radio able to with stand the vibrations of the Saturn 5 rocket engines on take off and the exstreem temps in outer space. I got to meet him once Neil was an alright guy.
Rudder

#10: Re: Passing of Neil Armstrong Author: ShadesLocation: 3rd Branch up, 'Ye Olde Oak', Green Wood. PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 5:28 pm
    ----
<--- jealousiest

#11: Re: Passing of Neil Armstrong Author: 401RCAF_HammerLocation: Burlington, Ontario, Canada. PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:18 pm
    ----
-S-

Very sad news...I was inspired by him and others in the space program when I was young...R.I.P. Neil..

Hammer Smile Cool Smile Cool Smile

#12: Re: Passing of Neil Armstrong Author: MoAce PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 3:31 pm
    ----
Swerrls live to be that old??..Not Around here in hunting season..Hmmm Fryed Swerrls and Gravy

#13: Re: Passing of Neil Armstrong Author: 401RCAF_HitManLocation: Ontario, CANADA (next to the beer store) PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 4:33 pm
    ----
Hey Hammer... I always thought you were from outer space.. Mr. Green

How ya doing bud.

#14: Re: Passing of Neil Armstrong Author: ShadesLocation: 3rd Branch up, 'Ye Olde Oak', Green Wood. PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:57 pm
    ----
I thought you'd be on my side Mr. Mo.
These other sobs all pick on poor old, frail, and weak Skwirrell.

#15: Re: Passing of Neil Armstrong Author: 401RCAF_HammerLocation: Burlington, Ontario, Canada. PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:56 pm
    ----
-S-

Not bad..how are you Hit..?

Hammer Smile Cool Smile Cool Smile

-> Officer's Club