Passing of Neil Armstrong
Go to page Previous  1, 2  :| |:
-> Officer's Club

#16: Re: Passing of Neil Armstrong Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 1:08 pm
    ----
Not to get back on topic or anything but I thought this was a nice little compilation:

www.businessinsider.co...012-8?op=1

#17: Re: Passing of Neil Armstrong Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 9:10 pm
    ----
- JG300-Stoopy
Not to get back on topic or anything but I thought this was a nice little compilation:

X-15...good manly aircraft

Neil Armstrong was the polar opposite of that other great aviation pioneer, Charles Lindbergh. Both enjoyed worldwide adoration and recognition for their achievements, but whereas Lindbergh reveled in and exploited it, Armstrong seemed just to resign himself to it and tolerated it gracefully.

Both performed great military service to their country. Armstrong before his pinnacle achievement in aviation, and Lindbergh after. It should also never be forgotten that Armstrong wasn't up there alone, either, but it was his hand on the stick that was the make-or-break maneuver. By all accounts I've seen, he was a singularly humble man, considering his accomplishments. NASA couldn't have selected a better individual for the honor of "first man", as he proved for decades after the event.

#18: Re: Passing of Neil Armstrong Author: wheelsup_cavuLocation: Corona, California PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:32 pm
    ----
- JG300-Stoopy

Cool link Stoopy!

Wheels

#19: Re: Passing of Neil Armstrong Author: sven_c PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:38 pm
    ----
(salute) i respect ya neil, i respect ya Sad

-> Officer's Club