Armor and Infantry- Not mixing well at Ft Benning!
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Armor and Infantry- Not mixing well at Ft Benning! Author: TanklordLocation: Louisiana PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 6:53 pm
    ----
Boys will be boys!

Blue Tank

#2: Re: Armor and Infantry- Not mixing well at Ft Benning! Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:14 pm
    ----
that just fits with the Lesany pink IS-2 ...

P-O

#3: Re: Armor and Infantry- Not mixing well at Ft Benning! Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:19 pm
    ----
Hopefully whoever did that will need to call for tank support someday...nothing changes the complexion of an 11B's bad day like having some tanks show up.

#4: Re: Armor and Infantry- Not mixing well at Ft Benning! Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 7:06 am
    ----
now that raises a question ; do anybody know an army that used the color blue as camo on tanks since 1917? I know that grey was used a lot, but blue??

I ask because the French uniforms during WW2 were blue (they should have been purple but we didn't have enough red to mix with the blue, so..)

P-O

#5: Re: Armor and Infantry- Not mixing well at Ft Benning! Author: bsmartLocation: Central Maryland PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:12 pm
    ----
At least they didn't do what the Ranger Platoon at VMI did to one of the M48A1s we had for the tanker platoon to play with there. Back in the spring of '72 they painted a big RANGER tab (in unsubdued Black and Yellow) on the side of the turret one weekend. I wish I had a picture

#6: Re: Armor and Infantry- Not mixing well at Ft Benning! Author: chrisballance PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 2:01 am
    ----
I know there has been some debate about the blue in the British North African Caunter Scheme, but if there was blue in the scheme doubt it was the same shade as paint job on this Abrams. Smile

However, some of the Taliban T-55s and T-62s had some crazy blues that might match.

#7: Re: Armor and Infantry- Not mixing well at Ft Benning! Author: Garry_RedmonLocation: Kentucky PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 3:02 am
    ----
I know that the infantry resent armor being on their post, but that photo looks like a Photoshop job to me.

-> AFV News Discussion Board