Preserved Tanks in Canada
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  :| |:
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#61: Re: Preserved Tanks in Canada Author: TrevorLarkumLocation: Northampton, England PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:10 pm
    ----
We seem to be at cross purposes.

- TrevorLarkum
in another thread you give the serial number for the Museum's M4A2 as 69185, however on your website and in the Canada register you give it as 65241

Did you follow the link to where I've written up the 5 M4A2s at Petawawa? Are you saying that UID#2576 is definitely sn 69185 and that there is a mistake in the Preserved AFVs in Canada website and in the Canadian HAFV register which both give it as 65241? What I was suggesting was that perhaps you meant that this was the sn for #2583 as I haven't been able to find an sn for it.

#62: Re: Preserved Tanks in Canada Author: Alf_AdamsLocation: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:42 pm
    ----
Sorry about that, I misunderstood your post. I have just had a good session of following links and comparing information at various sources. I am afraid the info on my Preserved AFVs in Canada website is getting old and errors are creeping in. The museums M4A2 is 69185. I am afraid that the HAFV Register is based on info provided by me many years ago and is also in error now. Unfortunately I did not stumble across #2583 in my 2010 visit. I will note it for examination if and when I find myself there again.

Unfortunately my Preserved AFVs in Canada list is on my local IPMS clubs' website and I have no direct access to it. I will speak to the webmaster at the club about correcting it.

again, sorry about that

Alf

#63: Re: Preserved Tanks in Canada Author: TrevorLarkumLocation: Northampton, England PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 7:48 pm
    ----
Perfectly understood - fixed, thanks.

-> AFV News Discussion Board