M4A3E8 Sherman Tank, Berlin, MD
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: M4A3E8 Sherman Tank, Berlin, MD Author: Rick_EshlemanLocation: Lewes, Delaware, USA PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:56 pm
    ----
Also part of my day trip today. It's a shame this is out with all hatches open. Close enough to the Atlantic Ocean for salt air to eat it up even faster! Many casting marks and stamped numbers on this vehicle. Rick

#2: Re: M4A3E8 Sherman Tank, Berlin, MD Author: Rick_EshlemanLocation: Lewes, Delaware, USA PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:12 pm
    ----
More photos.

#3: Re: M4A3E8 Sherman Tank, Berlin, MD Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:11 pm
    ----
I guess that a little plate on the tank mentions that it is the first Sherman tank to enter in Berlin in 1945?

P-O

#4: Re: M4A3E8 Sherman Tank, Berlin, MD Author: Rick_EshlemanLocation: Lewes, Delaware, USA PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:21 pm
    ----
Plate is worn to near "unreadable", first tank in Berlin would have been Soviet! The photo is actually to depict the stamped numbers on the middle front of the hull. Rick

#5: Re: M4A3E8 Sherman Tank, Berlin, MD Author: Smashy PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:49 pm
    ----
- Rick_Eshleman
Plate is worn to near "unreadable", first tank in Berlin would have been Soviet!

Well I got Ryans joke even if Rick didn't - check the location of the tank Rick...

#6: Re: M4A3E8 Sherman Tank, Berlin, MD Author: Rick_EshlemanLocation: Lewes, Delaware, USA PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:40 pm
    ----
Well, now that I'm "alert" I do see Ryans' joke! Sorry guys, I get real laid back on vacations! Rick

-> AFV News Discussion Board