Scenery question
-> FSX

#1: Scenery question Author: berlopezLocation: Copenhagen.DK PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:01 pm
    ----
I downloaded scenery for the Island of San Andres ( Colombia) Gustavo Rojas pinilla, and installed it, The read me says:extract the three files to the folder FSX Addon Scenery (subfolder Scenery) But it looks like this. The back of building seems ok; I have added together with James r. Martin the extra objects from the rwy12 proyect to static scenery objects folder,in addon scenery.

I've contacted the author and he says there seems ot be another scenery underneath it ??? That is causing this????. I'd like to know how to get rid of it, with out having to reinstall FSX. I have deleted the three BGL'S and it still looks like this. The back of the building looks ok though...I have a wonking copy of fSX I made months ago, would it be ppossible to copy the scenery from there.I doesn't have the San Andres scenery in it??

berlopez

Last edited by berlopez on Tue Jun 02, 2015 8:31 pm; edited 1 time in total

#2: Re: Scenery question Author: SnorreLocation: Ziegenhain, Germany PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:13 pm
    ----
It' worth a try to secure your present scenery folder and replace with the one you made some month ago, and then check the scenery again for correct display.

#3: Re: Scenery question Author: berlopezLocation: Copenhagen.DK PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:20 pm
    ----
Good idea Gunther! I solved my issue, and deleted the scenery of the iarport, which is what I wanted. I had had problems getting rid of it as it was only hree BGL'S that had to be deleted, BUt! Upon deletions they still kept on showing the scenery, I spoke with a simmer friend in the US and he guided me to rename the addon scenery folder to find if the problem was in there. When I laoded the island gain the airpport addon scenery was Gone! And default had been restored, which is what I wanted. Then we went to rename the folder back to original. Then toopen the sim at the island and it kep the default scnery. Inth coming days he wqill send a new file for the airport scenery, and we will install it together via Skype.

#4: Re: Scenery question Author: berlopezLocation: Copenhagen.DK PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:26 pm
    ----
I just reinstalled the scenery with out a file "ramp_lights that a scenery designer adviced me to use and it display perfectly

Last edited by berlopez on Tue Jun 02, 2015 8:31 pm; edited 1 time in total

#5: Re: Scenery question Author: SnorreLocation: Ziegenhain, Germany PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:22 pm
    ----
Nice scenery indeed! Glad it worked.

#6: Re: Scenery question Author: berlopezLocation: Copenhagen.DK PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:07 pm
    ----
The designer got it preatty spot on, no textures folder included, guess he's using default, doesn't reply to e-mail comments or questions

[Edit] I tried adding the ESDG Ramp_Lights to it resolting in the lack of textures, like in the first image I posted; I deleted that file and put it back in, without the ramp lights set.And it displays like in the images above.at night time,it displays ok. The ramp light set is like a good bone to a dog, once you taste it you can't lieave it alone.... Wink

berlopez

#7: Re: Scenery question Author: berlopezLocation: Copenhagen.DK PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 8:33 pm
    ----
I have deleted all images as they could let others into my photobucket account; i must have done somethng wrong.

berlopez

-> FSX