Kevin Wheatcroft Collection
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Kevin Wheatcroft Collection Author: bialy-rLocation: POLAND PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:59 am
    ----
Kevin Wheatcroft Collection

some photos:
www.facebook.com/pages...tos_stream

#2: Re: Kevin Wheatcroft Collection Author: Pzkpfw-e PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:07 pm
    ----
Good find!
A couple of new ones there?

#3: Re: Kevin Wheatcroft Collection Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:06 pm
    ----
I was always wondering what happened to the M4A1(75) Sherman "Osthouse" that was displayed in a museum near Royan in France. I knew that it was sold in 2007-2008 but didn't know the owner. Now I know that this tank is with KW.

The tank is a mid-production M4A1 with small hatches, built by Lima LW (the "vertical" weldings along the hull lifting rings "say" the tank was manufactured by Lima).

P-O

#4: Re: Kevin Wheatcroft Collection Author: Koluchiy PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:19 pm
    ----
Do anybody knows, do he started at least one HL230 engine?

#5: Re: Kevin Wheatcroft Collection Author: zundappukLocation: Behind the Westwall, really! PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:43 pm
    ----
- Koluchiy

Yes, last time I was there there were five being built.

#6: Re: Kevin Wheatcroft Collection Author: AsbjoernLocation: Germany PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:47 am
    ----
Is it just my impression or did the Panther project slow down / came to an halt since Mr. Wheatcroft is working on the S - Boat ?

...and its really sad that they stopped updating the website - most possible we have to thank all those enviouse guys writing nasty stuff in the web.

Jens

#7: Re: Kevin Wheatcroft Collection Author: Pzkpfw-e PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:47 am
    ----
Even before the kerfuffle about the status & ownership of various afvs, there was little activity of the website.
A pity, but at least we have some info on his marvelous collection, unlike Herr Flick's, for example!
It's an expensive hobby and in the current financial climate, perhaps Mr Wheatcroft's attention and money, is being committed elsewhere?

#8: Re: Kevin Wheatcroft Collection Author: ajmac PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:42 pm
    ----
The Friends of The Tank Museum had a tour earlier in the year, but I missed it due to work commitments. Fingers crossed for next year....

#9: Re: Kevin Wheatcroft Collection Author: Koluchiy PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:33 am
    ----
- zundappuk
- Koluchiy

Yes, last time I was there there were five being built.

Built?
Or successfully launched?
There are little difference...

Are there any videos of these engines in working condition?

#10: Re: Kevin Wheatcroft Collection Author: bialy-rLocation: POLAND PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:47 pm
    ----
Saurer RK-7 Sdkfz 254

militarymodels.co.nz/w...Page-5.jpg

militarymodels.co.nz/2...08/page/5/

More good photos are welcome

#11: Re: Kevin Wheatcroft Collection Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:34 pm
    ----
- bialy-r
Saurer RK-7 Sdkfz 254

militarymodels.co.nz/w...Page-5.jpg

More good photos are welcome

How do you know that this is the one in KW collection?

P-O

#12: Re: Kevin Wheatcroft Collection Author: bialy-rLocation: POLAND PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:50 pm
    ----
- the_shadock

How do you know that this is the one in KW collection?

P-O

I think that is a new one

But to be 100% sure someone must buy Nuts & Bolts Vol.05 rev: Mittlerer gepanzerter Beobachtungskraftwagen Saurer RK-7 (Sd.Kfz. 254) (available 10th September 2012)

Here:

"Almost sixteen years ago we published our Nuts & Bolts Vol. 05 Saurer RK-7 Sd.Kfz. 254 mittl. gepanzerter Beobachtungskraftwagen, a vehicle that ran on both wheels and tracks. Although we were not quite sure at that time whether such an unusual vehicle would meet the interest of our readers, the original print run is now completely sold out.
Since the Kit producer Hobby Boss has announced (and is already on sale) with their kit 82491 an injection molded Polystyren kit in 1:35 scale, the demand for this Vol. 05 has strongly increased.

Since that first version, we have been able to collect more historic action photos and additional colour photos from the sole complete vehicle and of another incomplete vehicle from the Wheatcroft Collection.

Nuts & Bolts Vol.05 rev: Mittlerer gepanzerter Beobachtungskraftwagen Saurer RK-7 (Sd.Kfz. 254) (available 10th September 2012)
Author John L. Rue & Heiner F. Duske
102 pages A4; approx. 242 photos, from those 88 historical Photos from the war in b/w, some of them unpublished; 127 colour photos of the existing vehicles in museums and private collections; 27 colour photos of the Master Model from Tony Greenland; German / English captions; 8 pages of German / English text; 10 pages of scale drawings of all known variants and details in 1:35 scale from John Rue; table with license numbers of those units who had this vehicle in their inventory; available and published on 10th September 2012"

#13: Re: Kevin Wheatcroft Collection Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:25 pm
    ----
I have the original edition of Nuts & Bolts Vol. 05. I am debating if it's worth buying the new one too...

Massimo

-> AFV News Discussion Board