Former Boulogne Renault FT restored
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Former Boulogne Renault FT restored Author: Manu-MilitaryLocation: Right in the heart of the Chambois pocket PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:41 pm
    ----
Photos taken this week-end.
It now sits in front of Renault Trucks headquarters at Satory near Versailles.

#2: Re: Former Boulogne Renault FT restored Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:42 pm
    ----
punaise, bonne nouvelle !!

I'm really glad to see that the tank has been restored. I was very afraid that Renault scrap it given to its very sorry condition, and because one day they said that it would be "too expensive to restore".

P-O

#3: Re: Former Boulogne Renault FT restored Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:52 pm
    ----
Great news!

Massimo

#4: Re: Former Boulogne Renault FT restored Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:01 pm
    ----
what's the exact location? Is it easily accessible or is it on military grounds? I will be in the area in 10 days and will try to do some photos myself.

thanks

P-O

#5: Re: Former Boulogne Renault FT restored Author: JWB2 PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:24 pm
    ----
Double good news because that company will want it kept in tip top shape for publicity.

#6: Re: Former Boulogne Renault FT restored Author: Pzkpfw-e PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:51 pm
    ----
Hopefully one of their Executives, realised that it made for very bad publicity, having a deteriorating wreck outside the company HQ!

#7: Re: Former Boulogne Renault FT restored Author: Manu-MilitaryLocation: Right in the heart of the Chambois pocket PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:43 am
    ----
- the_shadock
what's the exact location? Is it easily accessible or is it on military grounds? I will be in the area in 10 days and will try to do some photos myself.

thanks

P-O

Drive on the N12 and take the exit "Camp militaire"
The address is:
Renault trucks Defense
15 Bis all Marronniers
Camp De Satory
78022 VERSAILLES
The access shouldn't be restricted.
When you are in the area, try to follow the panel UNIVEM and have a look at the inside of the hangars.
It is an association of collectors, they have 2 duckws, two Shermans and some other soft skins.

#8: Re: Former Boulogne Renault FT restored Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:49 am
    ----
- Manu-Military
When you are in the area, try to follow the panel UNIVEM and have a look at the inside of the hangars.
It is an association of collectors, they have 2 duckws, two Shermans and some other soft skins.

Manu,

I've already been at the UNIVEM. Such a shame that the restoration of one of the Sherman didn't go further.. it could be a runner quite easily.

P-O

#9: Re: Former Boulogne Renault FT restored Author: Manu-MilitaryLocation: Right in the heart of the Chambois pocket PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:38 pm
    ----
Maybe one explanation comes from the fact that every single vehicle (except very few) is not personnaly owned by one member of the association.
This means that all the vehicles belong to the association making every one not exactly and pesonnally responssible of a vehicle.
The result is that for a restoration project no one may feel commited as if it was his own vehicle.

-> AFV News Discussion Board