FLUGHAFEN
-> JG300 Wild Sau Gruppe Public Forum

#1: FLUGHAFEN Author: JG300-1BulletLocation: Odessa, Texas PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:06 pm
    ----
Every year the West Texas Wing of the CAF put on our yearly wing party called Flughafen. This year it was hosted by the Big Country Squadron in Abilene, Tx. Here are a few pictures

Dear Santa...

This is a scale model of the West Texas Wings SB2C I won at the silent auction

This video was a couple of weeks ago. CAF HQ had a toy drive and we took the PT-26 over and I got to ride in the back seat Mr. Green This one is landing back at home base KODO.

#2: Re: FLUGHAFEN Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:52 am
    ----
Nice! I haz pictures of that SB2-C from October '88, very shortly (like a month) after it was restored to flying condition. I heard that between then and now, she'd had another little boo-boo (not the original one that almost destroyed it).

#3: Re: FLUGHAFEN Author: JG300-1BulletLocation: Odessa, Texas PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:53 am
    ----
I think you are right. If I remember correctly a landing gear failure.

Here is a link to the offical site. You will like the pictures

www.sb2chelldiver.com/

#4: Re: FLUGHAFEN Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:55 am
    ----
Great pics Bobby, and man I LOVE that Stinson!!!!

#5: Re: FLUGHAFEN Author: JG300-fr8ycatLocation: Los Angeles PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 7:51 am
    ----
Very Cool. What's the one in the first pic?

#6: Re: FLUGHAFEN Author: JG300-1BulletLocation: Odessa, Texas PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 4:27 am
    ----

I think it is one of these modified for single engine Confused . Cri-Cri

#7: Re: FLUGHAFEN Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:41 am
    ----
- JG300-1Bullet

I think it is one of these modified for single engine Confused . Cri-Cri

Not so sure. T Tail v. conventional, tail-dragger vs. tricycle, wing is quite different and so is canopy.

#8: Re: FLUGHAFEN Author: JG300-fr8ycatLocation: Los Angeles PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:16 am
    ----
I asked because in the December issue of AOPA they have a story of the "Micro Jet" (BD-5). Had not read the article yet but saw the pics and thought maybe that was the original, since it was prop driven. Fuselage is a little different though.

www.bd-micro.com/index...crojet-top

-> JG300 Wild Sau Gruppe Public Forum