"Nuts Day" 2012 Heinz barracks
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: "Nuts Day" 2012 Heinz barracks Author: Pzkpfw-e PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:16 pm
    ----
www.youtube.com/watch?v=kiz7B4n_OX0

Includes a real, live StugIII (Who's? - tracks look a bit slack) in addition to assorted Shermans, Chaffee, AEC MkIII, Cromwell, M16, Staghound and the odd soft skin!

#2: Re: "Nuts Day" 2012 Heinz barracks Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:37 pm
    ----
these are all the Royal Tank Museum, Brussels vehicles (transferred from Brussels and Vissenaken to Heinz Barracks during the last 3 years). The StuG III Ausf. F/8 was restored to running condition in November/December 2012 and wes repainted few days ago.

P-O

#3: Re: "Nuts Day" 2012 Heinz barracks Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:21 pm
    ----
I had a friend who is stationed in Germany, who took a trip to Bastogne and was at this event.

Very cool stuff
Regards
Don

#4: Re: "Nuts Day" 2012 Heinz barracks Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:02 pm
    ----
- Pzkpfw-e
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kiz7B4n_OX0

Includes a real, live StugIII (Who's? - tracks look a bit slack)

It sure did, especially the left one. I expected to see a boo-boo any second.

#5: Re: "Nuts Day" 2012 Heinz barracks Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:54 pm
    ----
- Doug_Kibbey

well, I only saw the StuG running on Friday, and on Saturday the guys told me that they will not run the tank, because the tracks were "unsuitable for use". There were some cracks that had to be repaired/welded, and it is possible that this job will be undertaken by a local company.

The other problem is that the engine was not reliable, because it has not been completely revised, and some broken parts were repaired with what was available, these were not repairs intended to last very long.

P-O

#6: Re: "Nuts Day" 2012 Heinz barracks Author: recceboyLocation: Edmonton,Alberta PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 5:49 am
    ----
- Doug_Kibbey
- Pzkpfw-e
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kiz7B4n_OX0

Includes a real, live StugIII (Who's? - tracks look a bit slack)

Just needs some grease in the track tension department.......I never lost a track with all my years working on light / heavy tracks.........

Was waiting for it to pop off the sprocket...............

Anthony

-> AFV News Discussion Board