JagdPanther at Duxford
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: JagdPanther at Duxford Author: Pzkpfw-e PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:16 pm
    ----
The Jagdpanther that was for many years, in the IWM's main building in London, has been relocated to Duxford.
Much harder to see it now, no more peering into the shell holes in its rear!

Photography not up to Massimo's standards!

#2: Re: JagdPanther at Duxford Author: Koluchiy PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:22 pm
    ----
Does it have an engine?

#3: Re: JagdPanther at Duxford Author: Pzkpfw-e PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:31 pm
    ----
I can't remember. I saw it in London, many years ago and I think the engine as visible through the holes made by the Cromwell that knocked it out.

#4: Re: JagdPanther at Duxford Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:20 pm
    ----
- Pzkpfw-e
I can't remember. I saw it in London, many years ago and I think the engine as visible through the holes made by the Cromwell that knocked it out.

Three of the holes enter the fighting compartment, which is well lit from the cutaway armor on the other side. ISTR a single hole at the far right rear of the vehicle that didn't reveal much with available light (it was back in the shadows of the 2nd floor walkway as well). Maybe if someone got a flash in there. I did manage a flash through a fighting compartment hole, so I reckon that found the view in the rear to be not worth it (meaning, nothing of interest was visible from outside).

#5: Re: JagdPanther at Duxford Author: WalterLocation: Arnhem PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:37 pm
    ----
- Koluchiy
Does it have an engine?

Yes it has an engine
And when it was brought into the London Museum some years ago
it drove inthere under it's own power
I have seen pictures from that

Walter

#6: Re: JagdPanther at Duxford Author: Koluchiy PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:21 pm
    ----
Thank you very much.

Is the engine original?

#7: Re: JagdPanther at Duxford Author: WalterLocation: Arnhem PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 7:00 pm
    ----
Yes it's an original engine that came out another Jagdpanther

Walter

#8: Re: JagdPanther at Duxford Author: WalterLocation: Arnhem PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:12 pm
    ----
Koluchiy I did send you a PM.

Walter

-> AFV News Discussion Board