What's this Tiger tank?
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next  :| |:
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#16: Re: What's this Tiger tank? Author: WalterLocation: Arnhem PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:18 pm
    ----
Today on a german forum ,the Panzer Museum Munster announced that from March 22 there will be a Tiger 1 on display.
The vehicle is on loan and will stay untill 2016

Walter

#17: Re: What's this Tiger tank? Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:48 pm
    ----
fortunately, we will not have to wait long until it is unveiled...

P-O

#18: Re: What's this Tiger tank? Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:58 pm
    ----
- Walter
Today on a german forum ,the Panzer Museum Munster announced that from March 22 there will be a Tiger 1 on display.
The vehicle is on loan and will stay untill 2016

On March they will also open the new outdoor area. I took a look at it from distance in October and I saw: M48 AVLB, M74, M7B2 Priest, SU-100 ARV? BTR-50? Buffel? And more.

They really want to force me to go back Smile

Massimo

#19: Re: What's this Tiger tank? Author: WalterLocation: Arnhem PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:06 pm
    ----
"They really want to force me to go back "

You said yourself that you don't have much for plans this year
So what is keeping you at home Laughing

Walter

#20: Re: What's this Tiger tank? Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:09 pm
    ----
I would have plenty of plans this year, it's just that I don't have time available...

But I may have something in October, if not, there is always next year.
On my visit to Munster I also missed the Pz IV, you see, another good reason Smile

Massimo

#21: Re: What's this Tiger tank? Author: WalterLocation: Arnhem PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:14 pm
    ----
The Panzer IV is still on loan to Dresden.
There it is in a temporary exhibition about Stalingrad until end of April. So It won't returm to Munster before that

Walter

#22: Re: What's this Tiger tank? Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:37 pm
    ----
http://www.panzermuseum-munster.de/home/aktuelles/detail/article/die-schwerste-katze-aller-zeiten.html

The Munster Panzermuseum says that it is the 7th Tiger to be displayed in the world ("Das Panzermuseum stellt ab dem 22. März den siebten Tiger aus"), so this is undoubtely the Hoebig one (as Saumur's is one of the six already displayed).

P-O

#23: Re: What's this Tiger tank? Author: WalterLocation: Arnhem PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:27 am
    ----
Well here it is !
The Hoebig Tiger ,wich is going to Panzer Museum Munster

www.boehme-zeitung.de/...5e9a06.jpg

Walter

#24: Re: What's this Tiger tank? Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:51 am
    ----
now Munster is missing a Panzer II, but they already have a turret, and I know that they have a restoration project for a PzKpfw II Ausf. F which will include many original hull parts. However, it will be missing the engine and gearbox. Nothing has started yet on this project.

P-O

#25: Re: What's this Tiger tank? Author: Rikard_HufschmiedLocation: Stockholm, Sweden PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:40 am
    ----
Hmm ... the guy doing the restoration work (Stefan) is the same guy who is building the 1/1 Tiger replica "Kurlandtiger". Could this be the replica?

#26: Re: What's this Tiger tank? Author: AsbjoernLocation: Germany PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:51 pm
    ----
Don`t think that it is a replica... Munster would not anounce it as 7th surviniving Tiger I in this case. Elsewere I read it is mostly made of originla components coming from different sourec but without most of the internal gear ...

Jens

#27: Re: What's this Tiger tank? Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 6:08 pm
    ----
I've got this in my mailbox today :

P-O

#28: Re: What's this Tiger tank? Author: ajmac PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:55 pm
    ----
It isn't a runner is it P-O? Those exhaust pipe covers look corroded following heat damage... Perhaps any old engine to make it mobile.

#29: Re: What's this Tiger tank? Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:26 pm
    ----
- ajmac
It isn't a runner is it P-O? Those exhaust pipe covers look corroded following heat damage... Perhaps any old engine to make it mobile.

at first I thought that the restorer found original exhaust pipes, so the corrosion would have been done 70 years before. I doubt that it has been done recently..

I've asked the person who sent me the photo above if the tank has an engine and gearbox.

P-O

#30: Re: What's this Tiger tank? Author: WalterLocation: Arnhem PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:52 pm
    ----
Today I read somewhere that it's a empty hull without engine or transmission.But I can't find it back just now

Walter

-> AFV News Discussion Board