What's this Tiger tank?
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  :| |:
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#31: Re: What's this Tiger tank? Author: Michel_KraussLocation: Zuid-Holland, The Netherlands PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:49 pm
    ----
I still would like to have it Laughing

#32: Re: What's this Tiger tank? Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:04 pm
    ----
I think that I read that it is an empty hull on the Wehrmacht Awards forum.

P-O

#33: Re: What's this Tiger tank? Author: Rikard_HufschmiedLocation: Stockholm, Sweden PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:33 pm
    ----
I wonder if not the best way to go to make these beasts mobile again is to fit them with a new transmission/gearbox and an available, even modern engine. You could then focus on getting the interior as accurate and authentic as possible. Acquiring a usable Tiger I gearbox and a a usable Maybach HL230 engine and restoring them is no easy feat not to mention expensive.

Yes, you'd loose the Maybach roar but I think the pros outweigh the cons, unless you want a static museum piece ... which is no fun at all IMO.

#34: Re: What's this Tiger tank? Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:06 pm
    ----
That's what they did on Full's LTL-H, it has modern powerpack, but it still looks great:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3Glcz4Df0g

There is always a tension between functionality and historical accuracy... It's hard to find a balance. Myself, I don't mind static pieces, but that's because I am most interested in history than mechanics, so it's a personal bias.

Massimo

#35: Re: What's this Tiger tank? Author: Rikard_HufschmiedLocation: Stockholm, Sweden PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:12 am
    ----
The March 22 unveiling has been postponed because of the bad weather that has delayed the transport.

Tiger update page

#36: Re: What's this Tiger tank? Author: Pzkpfw-e PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 2:26 pm
    ----
It's now at Munster.
www.network54.com/Foru...in+Munster
Plus a suggestion of where some of its major parts have come from.
klad.hobby.ru/tiger1.htm

#37: Re: What's this Tiger tank? Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 3:35 pm
    ----
The Panzermuseum Munster is officially complaining on its website that some photos and information about the transfer to the museum were published on forums, because it "ruined the planned surprise for the public".

http://www.panzermuseum-munster.de/home/aktuelles/detail/article/tiger.html

P-O

#38: Re: What's this Tiger tank? Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 4:31 pm
    ----
- the_shadock
The Panzermuseum Munster is officially complaining on its website that some photos and information about the transfer to the museum were published on forums, because it "ruined the planned surprise for the public".

P-O

That more appropriately fall into the category of "whining", not complaining. If the mere fact that a small group of enthusiasts should have become aware of and discussed a planned move and exhibition so puts their knickers in a twist, then they need to reconsider their perspective. Armor fans are hardly "the public" at large, but a very small segment of it and it's highly unlikely that interest in the vehicle will somehow be lessened. More likely, it will increase because of advance discussion. Somebody there sounds like a petulant child who's annoyed because they think their moment of limelight will somehow be diminished. Rolling Eyes

I loved this bit:

"Our planned surprise for you is been so thoroughly corrupted..."

Puh-leeze....

#39: Re: What's this Tiger tank? Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 6:12 pm
    ----
should add the "like" button to the forum, Doug I'd have liked your post Mr. Green

P-O

#40: Re: What's this Tiger tank? Author: C_Sherman PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:31 pm
    ----
- the_shadock
should add the "like" button to the forum, Doug I'd have liked your post Mr. Green

P-O

Ditto!

#41: Re: What's this Tiger tank? Author: AFV_enthusiastLocation: Colorado, USA PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:12 pm
    ----
I hope the owner can divulge more information on this composite Tiger I. I certainly understand collectors keeping their secrets over the past decades.

#42: Re: What's this Tiger tank? Author: bialy-rLocation: POLAND PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:23 am
    ----
Tiger I at Panzermuseum Munster

Photo gallery:

www.dishmodels.ru/wsho...T#blockpre

#43: Re: What's this Tiger tank? Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 6:12 am
    ----

Tiger by Massimo Foti, on Flickr

-> AFV News Discussion Board