Finnish Tank (fixed link)
Go to page 1, 2  Next  :| |:
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Finnish Tank (fixed link) Author: TanklordLocation: Louisiana PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:06 am
    ----
What is that under all that natural camo? Bet the gun barrel bark doesn't survive many rounds! Laughing

#2: Re: Finnish Tank (fixed link) Author: C_Sherman PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 6:27 pm
    ----
By the tracks showing and the general locations of the SGLs and other details, I would guess it's a T72.

C

#3: Re: Finnish Tank (fixed link) Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 6:39 pm
    ----
- C_Sherman
By the tracks showing and the general locations of the SGLs and other details, I would guess it's a T72.

C

They should call the Mossy Oak and RealTree folks for some wrap! Laughing

#4: Re: Finnish Tank (fixed link) Author: Costas_TT PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:19 pm
    ----
The tank underneath the natural camouflage looks more like a (Russian Army) T-80U to me. (Location of SGDs, Kontakt-5 ERA, two-pin tracks, stowage boxes on turret side, pintle mounted AAHMG, TC's sight, driver's hatch and periscopes...)

#5: Re: Finnish Tank (fixed link) Author: TanklordLocation: Louisiana PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:33 pm
    ----
I did some googling and found out the Finnish Army has T-55M's and Leopard 2A4's. It's not a Leopard, so a T-55?

#6: Re: Finnish Tank (fixed link) Author: Michel_KraussLocation: Zuid-Holland, The Netherlands PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:06 pm
    ----
They also used the Russian T-72M1 and T-72M1K1 MBT's so my guess is a T-72

#7: Re: Finnish Tank (fixed link) Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:06 pm
    ----
- Tanklord
I did some googling and found out the Finnish Army has T-55M's and Leopard 2A4's. It's not a Leopard, so a T-55?

Or T-72M, which the Finns operated?

#8: Re: Finnish Tank (fixed link) Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:05 pm
    ----
Oooh...simultaneous posting! But no prizes. Sad

#9: Re: Finnish Tank (fixed link) Author: Rick_EshlemanLocation: Lewes, Delaware, USA PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:30 pm
    ----
This photo appeared on english russia site about 2 weeks ago. titled "This is How You Hide a Tank" The first sentence was "This is how you hide a tank in the Soviet Army", so wouldn't this be a T80 Tank? Rick

#10: Re: Finnish Tank (fixed link) Author: TanklordLocation: Louisiana PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 3:33 am
    ----
- Rick_Eshleman
This photo appeared on english russia site about 2 weeks ago. titled "This is How You Hide a Tank" The first sentence was "This is how you hide a tank in the Soviet Army", so wouldn't this be a T80 Tank? Rick

A friend on Facebook sent this to me. Said it was Finnish, so I don't really know.

#11: Re: Finnish Tank (fixed link) Author: Rikard_HufschmiedLocation: Stockholm, Sweden PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:57 am
    ----
The uniform on the soldier is without a doubt Russian, it's"Arbuz" pattern camouflage which is standard for the Russian armed forces.

#12: Re: Finnish Tank (fixed link) Author: Koluchiy PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:38 pm
    ----
There are no standard camo in russian forces - because standards are changed very often :).

#13: Re: Finnish Tank (fixed link) Author: Michel_KraussLocation: Zuid-Holland, The Netherlands PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:09 pm
    ----
nice idea for a modelkit diorama Mr. Green

#14: Re: Finnish Tank (fixed link) Author: L.Delsing PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:35 pm
    ----
T-72 has only one peri for the driver, on this one I see 3 x periscopes for the driver so I think T-80

#15: Re: Finnish Tank (fixed link) Author: bsmartLocation: Central Maryland PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:24 pm
    ----
With the Armor School moving to Benning the U.S. may start trying a similar camo solution.

Park an Abrams next to a kudzu patch and drape a couple vines over it. Within an hour it will be fully covered. But beware if you leave it overnight you'll never find it or move it again!

-> AFV News Discussion Board