Weald Foundation breaks cover!
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Weald Foundation breaks cover! Author: Pzkpfw-e PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:32 am
    ----
This appeared on the Landships forum!
"Hi,
just seen your posting. My name is David and I work at the Weald Foundation (Sdkfz Foundation). Yes we are restoring an FT and also a TSF. We are planning to relaunch our website later in the year and membership. We are also planning an open day around a current vehicle restoration later in the year. Our plans are still at an early stage but if you are interested email me at wealdfoundation @ aol.com and i'll keep you informed."

landships.activeboard....t-17-tank/

Also pictures of their FT & what can only be termed "A kit" for the TSF's superstructure.

#2: Re: Weald Foundation breaks cover! Author: Ketten08 PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:03 pm
    ----
They are also restoring a Stug III that once belonged to Fred Ropkey in the USA, see wehrmacht-awards.com, Achtung Panzer! Forum.

The thread is titled Stug III at the Port of Galveston.

Sorry can not provide a direct link.

Regards

Richard

#3: Re: Weald Foundation breaks cover! Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:45 pm
    ----
Hello,

I knew about the Renault FT tank, but was forbidden to say anything about it. The Weald Foundation borrowed the Bovington's FT running gear to make a copy of it. The hull and turret most probably come from the Maginot line, where a lot of FT hulls were buried in the 1930s.

P-O

#4: Re: Weald Foundation breaks cover! Author: earlymb PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:27 pm
    ----
I knew it too, I never even realised the information was classified?

-> AFV News Discussion Board