Gold (gypsum) Mine!!
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Gold (gypsum) Mine!! Author: recon4ww2Location: western Ohio PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:48 pm
    ----
Just landed in Frankfurt, Germany,in a couple of hours we (myself and several European friends) will board a train for a location near the Belgian border in the area of Winterspelt where we will help in the recovery of a large cache of WW2 German weapons just uncovered in a long sealed gypsum mine. local legend has rumoured since the end of WW2 that the mine that collapsed in Dec. 1944 after a mysterious explosion held weapons that were to be used in the Ardennes offensive by the Germans. Authorities have long prevented exploration of the mine for safety reasons but a land slide after a period of heavy rain last fall exposed the mine and the locals started pulling weapon out of the mine that are in excellent condition.
The local authorities once again prohibited access to the mine for safety reasons but recently the Bundeswehr has allowed the Gesellschaft des Modernen Historischen Archäologie (Society of Modern Historic Archeology) of which I am a member to enter to document the find. Supposedly the treasure includes captured American vehicles that were to be employed by the Germans to pose as U.S. units to infiltrate the American lines. Photo report to follow. — .

#2: Re: Gold (gypsum) Mine!! Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 5:04 pm
    ----
that sounds incredible !!

Pierre-Olivier

#3: Re: Gold (gypsum) Mine!! Author: L.Delsing PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:13 pm
    ----
So free weapons for everyone here in Limburg Wink

Amazing that after so many years things like this are (re) discovered!!

Have fun here in the EUSSR Smile and enjoy the digging!

Regards
Lesley

#4: Re: Gold (gypsum) Mine!! Author: bsmartLocation: Central Maryland PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:33 pm
    ----
Do we trust any story published on April 1?? Rolling Eyes Mr. Green

#5: Re: Gold (gypsum) Mine!! Author: recon4ww2Location: western Ohio PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:57 pm
    ----
No, I don't believe ANYTHING I write on April 1st!!

#6: Re: Gold (gypsum) Mine!! Author: zundappukLocation: Behind the Westwall, really! PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:22 pm
    ----
Thats interesting, I nearly bought a house in Winterspelt, today I am just up the road near Losheim. If you need any help let me know!

David

#7: Re: Gold (gypsum) Mine!! Author: zundappukLocation: Behind the Westwall, really! PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:57 pm
    ----
Reply in haste, repent in leisure............ Confused

#8: Re: Gold (gypsum) Mine!! Author: Pzkpfw-e PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:11 pm
    ----
Does it count as an "April Fool", as it's been posted after mid-day?

#9: Re: Gold (gypsum) Mine!! Author: bsmartLocation: Central Maryland PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:05 am
    ----
If the date is April 1 it is April Fools day

#10: Re: Gold (gypsum) Mine!! Author: Pzkpfw-e PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:18 pm
    ----
Ah, but in England, it has to be before midday to count!

#11: Re: Gold (gypsum) Mine!! Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:25 pm
    ----
- bsmart

I suspect that the original post better refers to "pyrite" rather than "gypsum", for the reason that you suggest. Wink

#12: Re: Gold (gypsum) Mine!! Author: C_Sherman PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:17 pm
    ----
- JG300-Ascout
- bsmart

I suspect that the original post better refers to "pyrite" rather than "gypsum", for the reason that you suggest. Wink

Again with the "Like" button...

Rolling Eyes

-> AFV News Discussion Board