Pictorial guide to PC hardware connectors, sockets, etc
-> Hardware

#1: Pictorial guide to PC hardware connectors, sockets, etc Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 7:47 pm
    ----
Need to see the difference between SATA and PATA connectors? How about ATX vs. ATX 2.2 power cables? CPU socket types and RAM edge connector differences?

You'll find it all in this handy single graphic posted here... pretty nifty:

www.101funs.com/possib...-save-asd/

#2: Re: Pictorial guide to PC hardware connectors, sockets, etc Author: ShadesLocation: 3rd Branch up, 'Ye Olde Oak', Green Wood. PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:03 pm
    ----
Wow.
That's like the computer equivalent of the Evolution of Man picture.

#3: Re: Pictorial guide to PC hardware connectors, sockets, etc Author: Uhu_FledermausLocation: Blaricum, The Netherlands ~GMT+1 PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:38 pm
    ----
Handy lil page, Thank you Stoopy, much appreciated

#4: Re: Pictorial guide to PC hardware connectors, sockets, etc Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:17 pm
    ----
- Shades
Wow.
That's like the computer equivalent of the Evolution of Man picture.

Yep! Although I saw they left out VESA slot types, I guess it's time to let the 90's go. And MFM/RLL HD connector types and S100 bus slots would have done well to represent the Neanderthal period. Wink

#5: Re: Pictorial guide to PC hardware connectors, sockets, etc Author: SnorreLocation: Ziegenhain, Germany PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:57 am
    ----
Thanks, very helpful indeed!

#6: Re: Pictorial guide to PC hardware connectors, sockets, etc Author: wheelsup_cavuLocation: Corona, California PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:24 pm
    ----
That is a really useful picture.
Nice find Stoopy.

Wheels

#7: Re: Pictorial guide to PC hardware connectors, sockets, etc Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:05 pm
    ----
Made this a 'sticky'...

Thanks Stoopy!!!

#8: Re: Pictorial guide to PC hardware connectors, sockets, etc Author: TanklordLocation: Louisiana PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:00 pm
    ----
I made a couple of copies of this poster sized and gave them to some geeks I know...you would have thought I gave them some JG300 Special Reserve! Good find there guys.

#9: Re: Pictorial guide to PC hardware connectors, sockets, etc Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:24 pm
    ----
This could have saved me a fortune on electrical tape!

-> Hardware