OS install issues
-> Software

#1: OS install issues Author: 251_Senyu_IJNLocation: Xenia,Ohio PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 10:07 am
    ----
S! Guys,

I recently had to do a reformat, But I tought it was my disc. After "borrowing" 2 others i'm still having the same problem. Ok here it is.

When i start the install it asked me what partition? so i delete the old one and install windows on the new one i created. Next as it's getting to the part where it's copying the files from the disc to the HD i get error messages that at least 20 or so files cannot be copied? So i go on, now a few programs wont work (not surprised) i cannot load games etc.

I wonder if it's something i'm doing in the install or could it be a problem with my CD rom?

At my wits end!!

Senyu

PS also i cannot get audio to work either, drivers will not install nor does it see the sound card.

#2: Re: OS install issues Author: IMS_Dakota PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 10:25 am
    ----
Which OS are you installing, and what type? (upgrade version etc)
You may want to get a utility that will boot from floppy to test your HD for hard errors.

#3: Re: OS install issues Author: 251_Senyu_IJNLocation: Xenia,Ohio PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 10:41 am
    ----
OS i'm putting on is XP pro, new install

#4: Re: OS install issues Author: Uhu_FledermausLocation: Blaricum, The Netherlands ~GMT+1 PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 11:40 am
    ----
Rolling Eyes

Senyu San,

did you do a format C on the harddisk before installing the new OS ??

if not than it's abvious that it cannot install the program as it thinks the program is allready installed.

As far as my memory goes , when re-installing XP, it asks somewhere if you want to format the partition.

I hope it helps

fled

-> Software