Little surprise for Walter (remember the Becker collection?)
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Little surprise for Walter (remember the Becker collection?) Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 4:51 pm
    ----
This tank is now part of the Normandy Tank Museum in Catz, near Carentan. It opened on 1st June.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/13963542@N08/sets/72157633948700515/

P-O

#2: Re: Little surprise for Walter (remember the Becker collecti Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 5:16 pm
    ----
A new museum has actually opened?! Shocked

Mark this day.

#3: Re: Little surprise for Walter (remember the Becker collecti Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 5:35 pm
    ----
- JG300-Ascout
A new museum has actually opened?! Shocked

Mark this day.

no, there are two new museums... the otherf is the former Falaise museum, which was transferred to Colleville sur Mer.

P-O

#4: Re: Little surprise for Walter (remember the Becker collection?) Author: WalterLocation: Arnhem PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:47 pm
    ----
Hi P-O

That's a big surprise ! Thanks for showing.
Do you know if it is on loan or is the museum the new owner ?
last week I was able to have a look at some recent pictures from the Becker storage and the Panzer IV was indeed not in it

Walter

#5: Re: Little surprise for Walter (remember the Becker collection?) Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:06 pm
    ----
- Walter
Hi P-O

That's a big surprise ! Thanks for showing.
Do you know if it is on loan or is the museum the new owner ?
last week I was able to have a look at some recent pictures from the Becker storage and the Panzer IV was indeed not in it

Walter

the tank is on loan. I asked directly to Patrick Nerrant, who owns the other vehicles, and that's what he told me. Becker will visit the museum soon.

P-O

#6: Re: Little surprise for Walter (remember the Becker collection?) Author: WalterLocation: Arnhem PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:36 pm
    ----
Ok thanks !
I recognized the Dragon Wagon as Patrick's. But did not know he had that much other vehicles.

Walter

#7: Re: Little surprise for Walter (remember the Becker collection?) Author: bialy-rLocation: POLAND PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 7:41 am
    ----
- Walter

Walter

Where the 2 Wespe from the “Becker Collection” renovated ?

#8: Re: Little surprise for Walter (remember the Becker collection?) Author: WalterLocation: Arnhem PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:37 pm
    ----
Hi Rafal

I saw only one Wespe and it even look worse then some years before !!!

Walter

#9: Re: Little surprise for Walter (remember the Becker collection?) Author: JimWebLocation: The back of beyond PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:35 am
    ----
Who has a list of what is in the Becker collection?

#10: Re: Little surprise for Walter (remember the Becker collecti Author: vw82 PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 12:23 pm
    ----
Do you have a photo of the VW82 Kübelwagen that can be seen to the right?
If so, can you show it here.

#11: Re: Little surprise for Walter (remember the Becker collecti Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 12:45 pm
    ----
no sorry, I didn't take any pictures of the softskins.

P-O

#12: Re: Little surprise for Walter (remember the Becker collecti Author: vw82 PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 1:47 pm
    ----
OK, Thats to bad but thanks.
The photos you have shown are really good though.

#13: Re: Little surprise for Walter (remember the Becker collection?) Author: bialy-rLocation: POLAND PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 7:37 am
    ----
- the_shadock
Normandy Tank Museum in Catz, near Carentan.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/13963542@N08/sets/72157633948700515/

P-O at the photo gallery you didn't add the photos of M7B1 Priest

#14: Re: Little surprise for Walter (remember the Becker collection?) Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 4:13 pm
    ----
- bialy-r
P-O at the photo gallery you didn't add the photos of M7B1 Priest

Rafal,

here there are far better pictures of the same vehicle. It is in the same condition in the museum, the owner didn't add anything since my visit in 2012 :
http://the.shadock.free.fr/Tanks_in_France/m7b1_normandytankmuseum/index.html

P-O

-> AFV News Discussion Board