Northeast Ohio tanks
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Northeast Ohio tanks Author: recon4ww2Location: western Ohio PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:36 pm
    ----
I'm going to be in the Canton, Ohio area this Saturday and I was wondering if anyone could answer a couple of questions for me. First, is the M41 still at the North Canton National Guard armory? And second, what vehicles are outside the fence at Sam Winer Motors in Akron? One Bing satellite image shows just the M4A3E9 and a different image shows the Sherman, the Stuart and the M32B1. I don't believe Winer's is open on Saturday so I'll only be able to photograph what's outside the fence.

Thanks,
Mike Haines

#2: Re: Northeast Ohio tanks Author: Kurt_Laughlin PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 1:43 am
    ----
Hi Mike:

As of this time last year Winer had the M4A3, the M5, and the M32B1 parked together on the roadside, outside the fence.

KL

#3: Re: Northeast Ohio tanks Author: recon4ww2Location: western Ohio PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 12:09 am
    ----
Thanks Kurt!

#4: Re: Northeast Ohio tanks Author: ShermanWasRightLocation: Central Ohio/Northern Kentucky PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 2:59 am
    ----
Most recent satellite imagery is April 6, 2012, and it's still there in that; I don't see any reason why it wouldn't still be there. Be curious if they'd let you near it to take pictures, though.

#5: Re: Northeast Ohio tanks Author: TrevorLarkumLocation: Northampton, England PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 11:24 am
    ----
Mike, I'd be very interested in the photos, plus any you take inside (even if through a fence). They have the world's biggest collection/stock of High Speed Tractors - pictures of the M5, M6, M8 and T94 would be great, plus any information and pictures of the 40 or so M4s (visible in satellite view) would be appreciated:

Location Id 85500: Sam Winer Motors

#6: Re: Northeast Ohio tanks Author: vagabondLocation: Constantly moving across US PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 3:38 pm
    ----
Trevor -

Not to steal Mike's thunder, but I posted a gallery of photos from Sam Winer's in April, 2012.

Gallery link:
www.vgbimages.com/AFV-...408_zvkm9X

It contains photos of everything you're looking for.

#7: Re: Northeast Ohio tanks Author: TrevorLarkumLocation: Northampton, England PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 6:36 pm
    ----
Vagabond - those pictures are great, thanks. Were you able to identify individual M4s at all? Otherwise I'll just try to work through your pictures of the rows of them.

#8: Re: Northeast Ohio tanks Author: vagabondLocation: Constantly moving across US PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 7:18 pm
    ----
Trevor - I didn't ID individual M4s at all. Sorry.

They're packed together pretty tightly! I was too busy goggling at the sight to even think to do an accurate count.

#9: Re: Northeast Ohio tanks Author: recon4ww2Location: western Ohio PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 2:08 am
    ----
Okay, just got home. the M5, M32B1 and the M4A3E9 were still outside the fence. We were all over them, took a bunch of photos. Nobody was around so we had no hassles. I was there in 2006 and they had no issue with me taking pictures of stuff, they even gave me a ride back to where the M4HSTs were and turned me loose. I'll have to look and see if I still have those photos of if I lost them with my last computer.
I'll post a link to todays photos once I go through them and post them.

Mike Haines

#10: Re: Northeast Ohio tanks Author: TrevorLarkumLocation: Northampton, England PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 9:09 am
    ----
Thanks Mike!

-> AFV News Discussion Board