Cromwell restoration completed in the UK
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Cromwell restoration completed in the UK Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 5:00 pm
    ----
Before :

After :

a look to the restoration process :
http://hmvf.co.uk/forumvb/showthread.php?24673-mk6-cromwell/page43

P-O

#2: Re: Cromwell restoration completed in the UK Author: ajmac PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 7:17 pm
    ----
A great machine, I was lucky enough to be in the hull gunners position for two laps around the arena, wonderfull noise inside when the Meteor fires up!

#3: Re: Cromwell restoration completed in the UK Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 7:30 pm
    ----
Those are some of the largest welding puddles I've ever seen on a land vehicle on that front slope. Nice job, wonder if the plates were less than an ideal fit?

#4: Re: Cromwell restoration completed in the UK Author: bsmartLocation: Central Maryland PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 12:59 am
    ----
The before picture appears to have a different turret. I'll assume it had previously been converted to a charioteer? Where did the turret come from?

#5: Re: Cromwell restoration completed in the UK Author: ajmac PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 8:28 am
    ----
A number of outdated Cromwells were fitted with a new design turret and 20pdr gun to prolong the life of the chassis back in the early 50s. The original Cromwell style turret came from a British firing range Centaur which is also being restored.

-> AFV News Discussion Board