Graphic MotorHead Pr0n.
-> JG300 Wild Sau Gruppe Public Forum

#1: Graphic MotorHead Pr0n. Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 2:41 am
    ----
Remove the wimmin' and children from the listening area (this is an audio/volume issue, not a value judgement). Then crank it.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=UD48OX1wu14

Original and maintained 1964 NASCAR-spec Ford Fairlane (prepped by Holman-Moody) with 427 Grand National engine. But this is current, vintage hot-lapping/racing at the Nurburgring Nordschleife "old course". The speed is displayed in kph. This was a solid 150mph car on the big track of Daytona...This is vintage racing in 2009, according to the camera.

Apparently owned by some German/Austran but notice the 2nd or 3rd comment from Bob Bondurant, International Cobra Jockey who raced there in the original FIA Cobras. And the weblink.

If this doesn't make you go weak in the knees, you need to turn in your man card.

#2: Re: Graphic MotorHead Pr0n. Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:53 am
    ----
Shocked

We have GOT to devise a plan to help get fr8ycat's Cougar to sound like that!

#3: Re: Graphic MotorHead Pr0n. Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 4:56 pm
    ----
1967 Cougar Transam in-car vintage race (2003). Purty nice exhaust note here, too. Wink

Cougar vintage TransAm racing Watkins Glen

#4: Re: Graphic MotorHead Pr0n. Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 11:15 pm
    ----
- JG300-Ascout
1967 Cougar Transam in-car vintage race (2003). Purty nice exhaust note here, too. Wink

Why, it even appears to be Grecian Gold... the fastest color of them all, of course Wink

#5: Re: Graphic MotorHead Pr0n. Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 12:39 am
    ----
- JG300-Stoopy
- JG300-Ascout

Why, it even appears to be Grecian Gold... the fastest color of them all, of course Wink

Illusion of the lighting, it's BRIGHT yellow. You can see it a bit more clearly at the very beginning.

Here is it's "webpage"...

www.historictransam.co...ougar.html

#6: Re: Graphic MotorHead Pr0n. Author: JG300-fr8ycatLocation: Los Angeles PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:10 am
    ----
- JG300-Ascout
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UD48OX1wu14.

That's awesome!

You know that whole 1k budget thing, well when you take on restoring a classic...that all goes to hell in a handbasket. I did up the jets in the carb and it runs much better. Even got a second gear chirp out of it in the straight away which has never happened before. Of course with all the test driving, trying to dial in the carb, I realized how bad "and scary" the front end was. So guess what I've been working on for the past 3 weeks Wink

#7: Re: Graphic MotorHead Pr0n. Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 4:54 pm
    ----
- JG300-fr8ycat
- JG300-Ascout
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UD48OX1wu14.

That's awesome!

You know that whole 1k budget thing, well when you take on restoring a classic...that all goes to hell in a handbasket. I did up the jets in the carb and it runs much better. Even got a second gear chirp out of it in the straight away which has never happened before. Of course with all the test driving, trying to dial in the carb, I realized how bad "and scary" the front end was. So guess what I've been working on for the past 3 weeks Wink

That's what happens when you get out of a modern vehicle and get back into a product of the Nixon era! Suspensions weren't all that great when new, but with wear, it goes from bad to spooky. Pay close attention to bushings and joints at tie rods/steering connections. If you can replace with urethane bushings instead of the old rubber stuff, it will help. It will transmit more vibration, but well sorted and balanced tires and aligned wheels will help. I'd be surprised if you hadn't been turning the wheel up to two inches just to take up the slack! Shocked

#8: Re: Graphic MotorHead Pr0n. Author: JG300-fr8ycatLocation: Los Angeles PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 6:24 pm
    ----
- JG300-Ascout
I'd be surprised if you hadn't been turning the wheel up to two inches just to take up the slack! Shocked

More like 5 inches. It was spooky twenty years ago, now it's terrifying. Laughing
I have the entire front end gutted, replacing everything. Got a front end rebuild kit from WCCC that's pretty much a stock replacement by Scott Drake and got new strut rod and swaybar bushings and end links. Also rebuilt gear box, cylinder ram, control valve, new poly rag joint & shocks. Purchased the performance coil springs. They are shorter and stiffer (like the Shelby springs) and will drop the front end 1" which means the car will sit level since the early Cougars had a nose high rake.

When taking things apart I discovered on the passenger side that one of the upper swing arm shaft end caps was stripped and not attached to the swing arm. This was allowing the swing arm to slide fore and aft on the shaft about 1/2 an inch.

Last edited by JG300-fr8ycat on Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:11 pm; edited 2 times in total

#9: Re: Graphic MotorHead Pr0n. Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 6:57 pm
    ----
You may have found a new calling. I'm sure Velocity Channel could use a new reality show. Call it "Overhawglin", or "Wilde Sau Garage"!

"You've been overhawged!"

#10: Re: Graphic MotorHead Pr0n. Author: JG300-fr8ycatLocation: Los Angeles PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 12:06 am
    ----
- JG300-Ascout
You may have found a new calling. I'm sure Velocity Channel could use a new reality show. Call it "Overhawglin", or "Wilde Sau Garage"!

And the new slang all the kids will be using for "Cool" or "Bad ass" will be "Stink", as in "Oh man does that car STINK!", "That car's the Stinkiest car on the track", "Ascout's new ride just oozes Stink", etc. Laughing

#11: Re: Graphic MotorHead Pr0n. Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 12:28 am
    ----
- JG300-fr8ycat
- JG300-Ascout

And the new slang all the kids will be using for "Cool" or "Bad ass" will be "Stink", as in "Oh man does that car STINK!", "That car's the Stinkiest car on the track", "Ascout's new ride just oozes Stink", etc. Laughing

Well, down here, it'll be "Stank", but everyone but yankees will know what you mean. Wink

...and instead of a Dukes of Hazard horn that plays "Dixie", ours should go...

"POOOOOOOOOOOOOOT!"

-> JG300 Wild Sau Gruppe Public Forum