M60A3 and M48A2C in Wyoming MI
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: M60A3 and M48A2C in Wyoming MI Author: Walter_Sobchak PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 2:15 am
    ----
Earlier in the week I stopped by a National Guard facility near my house and took pictures of an M60A3 and an M48A2C that they have sitting out front. The M48 has been "modified" with perhaps the least effective drivers hatch ever.

Pictures here.

#2: Re: M60A3 and M48A2C in Wyoming MI Author: TichenorLocation: Antwerp PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:51 am
    ----
Walter

Any chance you did find a serialnumber and/or registration on those two?

Michel

#3: Re: M60A3 and M48A2C in Wyoming MI Author: Walter_Sobchak PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 6:00 am
    ----
That's something I was wondering about actually. Where is the serial number on an M48/M60 series tank? I have seen numbers on the lower hull, as well as numbers on the turret and other places. Is there a place that I should be looking? Is there a good guide to what the numbers mean on these vehicles?

#4: Re: M60A3 and M48A2C in Wyoming MI Author: TichenorLocation: Antwerp PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 6:06 am
    ----
- "Walter_Sobchak
Where is the serial number on an M48/M60 series tank? I have seen numbers on the lower hull, as well as numbers on the turret and other places. Is there a place that I should be looking? Is there a good guide to what the numbers mean on these vehicles?

See: Serial number guide in the upper part of the grouppage under the Sticky part.

Michel

#5: Re: M60A3 and M48A2C in Wyoming MI Author: Rick_EshlemanLocation: Lewes, Delaware, USA PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:48 pm
    ----
Walter S. thanks for sharing your photos! Nice selection! Be prepared for the Serial number fun, sometimes it's plainly visible other times it's painted over, or missing. The guide is a very useful tool to have a copy along your adventures. Rick

#6: Re: M60A3 and M48A2C in Wyoming MI Author: vagabondLocation: Constantly moving across US PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 6:09 am
    ----
Hi Gang -

The SN for the M60A3 is 4386A the RN is JJOOFK.

-> AFV News Discussion Board