ELKE
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: ELKE Author: Rick_EshlemanLocation: Lewes, Delaware, USA PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 9:48 pm
    ----
Here's 3 PACCAR photos of the ELKE from around the time it was being tested. Rick

#2: Re: ELKE Author: Costas_TT PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:33 pm
    ----
One more:

#3: Re: ELKE Author: Rick_EshlemanLocation: Lewes, Delaware, USA PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 11:19 pm
    ----
Thanks Costas, how about a few more? Rick

#4: Re: ELKE Author: Costas_TT PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:19 am
    ----
Fantastic! I remember seeing them in various publications, but they were in black-and-white.
By the way, the pic I posted most likely came from PACCAR, via Popular Mechanics.
www.mycity-military.co...l#p1113826

#5: Re: ELKE Author: Rick_EshlemanLocation: Lewes, Delaware, USA PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:45 am
    ----
My photos were scanned from old PACCAR documents that I had picked up at AUSA during the 1980s. I think PACCAR went the way of Trucks only (DAF, Leyland, etc) and don't make AFVs any longer. I was in part of US Defense Industry, until I left in 1996, working for Hamilton Technology Inc . (later Bulova Technology LLC) and basically I got tired of being laid off. My former company is owned by L3 and last I know moved to Ohio. A lot has changed in how many manufacturers are left in US Defense and all of the buyouts/consolidations which had happened over the last twenty-five years. Rick

#6: Re: ELKE Author: Rick_EshlemanLocation: Lewes, Delaware, USA PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:49 am
    ----
a few last PACCAR photos.

-> AFV News Discussion Board