Found on Range
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Found on Range Author: Garry_RedmonLocation: Kentucky PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 4:18 pm
    ----
See the link below. Final drive housing with attachments. Can anyone identify purpose? Perhaps the remains of some sort of mine plow?

armorfortheages.com/Fi...eCover.htm

Garry

#2: Re: Found on Range Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 6:06 pm
    ----
note that it is upside down. I'd like to see the other side to see how it looks like "normally".

thanks

P-O

#3: Re: Found on Range Author: Garry_RedmonLocation: Kentucky PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 7:31 pm
    ----
I would too. It's funny that one doesn't usually see the bottom of the final drive housing.

#4: Re: Found on Range Author: Costas_TT PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:48 pm
    ----
I wonder if they could be the attachments for the spade/dozer blade of an M74 ARV.
They sure look like the ones in the pics I've seen.

#5: Re: Found on Range Author: TrevorLarkumLocation: Northampton, England PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:34 pm
    ----
I'm inclined to say Costas is spot on - photo by Massimo:

preservedtanks.com/Ima...amp;Page=1

and another from PrimePortal.net:

#6: Re: Found on Range Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:02 pm
    ----
another mystery solved. Mr. Green Let's take a beer !!

P-O

#7: Re: Found on Range Author: Garry_RedmonLocation: Kentucky PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:44 pm
    ----
Yep, it's Miller time.! Good job Costas. And done in less than 10 posts.

Garry

#8: Re: Found on Range Author: Costas_TT PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 11:35 pm
    ----
Bottoms up, gents!
Frankly, the M74 is the only Sherman variant I know of that had the blade fitted directly to the transmission cover.

-> AFV News Discussion Board