Look what's delivered today
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Look what's delivered today Author: TichenorLocation: Antwerp PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:34 pm
    ----
Hi All

There was an unexpected delivery today to the depot of the Royal Army Museum.

www.flickr.com/photos/...1210046675

M47 Patton SN 3792

www.flickr.com/photos/...1210170353

M26 Pershing SN 367
www.flickr.com/photos/...1210057176
Michel

#2: Re: Look what's delivered today Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:07 pm
    ----
That's a whole lotta' infantry/stowage rail on there. Was that done in U.S. service or one of our esteemed allies?

#3: Re: Look what's delivered today Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:43 pm
    ----
where does the M26 come from, do you know? Is it already listed in the registers?

P-O

#4: Re: Look what's delivered today Author: toadmanstankpictures PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 5:08 am
    ----
Awesome!!

#5: Re: Look what's delivered today Author: TichenorLocation: Antwerp PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 10:30 am
    ----
Doug
I've seen several M47's with those racks on the turrets, so I think it was part of a upgrade program.

P-O
It's the one I have listed at the Vissenaken depot, I knew about its existence but was unabele to find its exacte location. The M47 is a new one.

#6: Re: Look what's delivered today Author: TichenorLocation: Antwerp PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 9:28 pm
    ----
I've uploaded some more pictures of the two new arrivals
More pictures Here

Doug
The second M47 has the same infantry/stowage rail on the turret. So are the other M47's here in Belgium.

P-O
The M47 also formerly was at the Vissenaken Depot.

Michel

#7: Re: Look what's delivered today Author: Roy_A_LingleLocation: El Paso & Ft Bliss, Texas PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 7:57 pm
    ----
Hi Folks!

I find the M-47 turret sides interesting. That is one of the few I have seen with out rain channels added.

Sgt, Scouts Out!

#8: Re: Look what's delivered today Author: Costas_TT PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 8:18 pm
    ----
If you want more, I can send you some. In fact, I haven't seen such channels on a single Hellenic Army M47. Infantry stowage rails yes, old style handrails yes, Wegmann SGDs yes, but no rain channels.

#9: Re: Look what's delivered today Author: tanker2010Location: Kansas City, Mo. PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 10:35 am
    ----
The rain channles was an Itaian rebuild thing. Most of the M47s sitting around U.S. posts are ones the were returned by the Italians.

#10: Re: Look what's delivered today Author: L.Delsing PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 12:38 pm
    ----
Hello Tichenor,
Is the depot still at Kapellen? I have also stored tanks at Brasschaat, Vissenaken and Bastogen.

Regards,
Lesley

#11: Re: Look what's delivered today Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 4:42 pm
    ----
- tanker2010
The rain channels was an Italian rebuild thing.

You can see them even on non-italian M47s.

Massimo

#12: Re: Look what's delivered today Author: TichenorLocation: Antwerp PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 8:11 am
    ----
- L.Delsing
Is the depot still at Kapellen? I have also stored tanks at Brasschaat, Vissenaken and Bastogen.

The Kapellen depot will move to Brasschaat this year. The Vissenaken depot has already been moved, some pieces went to Bastogne, some to Brasschaat but most of them to the new depot at Landen.
The good news is that they're planning to make Brasschaat an open museum, when this will be I don't know but they are working on it.

- tanker2010
The rain channles was an Itaian rebuild thing. Most of the M47s sitting around U.S. posts are ones the were returned by the Italians.

Some Belgian M47's have the rain gutters, others don't. To my knowledge our M47 never went to Italy to be rebuild, so there has to be another reason for tose gutters.

Michel

-> AFV News Discussion Board