What's this tank please? (european pre-1942)
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: What's this tank please? (european pre-1942) Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 6:53 pm
    ----
this is the one on bottom left, on the plinth. What model is it please?

#2: Re: What's this tank please? (european pre-1942) Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 7:42 pm
    ----
It's German, a Grosstraktor, one of the experimental designs tested in Kazan during the early thirties.
Later on it was used as gate guardian inside a barrack, and that's where the picture was taken.

www.achtungpanzer.com/...w-v-vi.htm

Massimo

#3: Re: What's this tank please? (european pre-1942) Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 7:51 pm
    ----
thanks Massimo. I've bought a nice set of 10 pictures of captured British, French and Soviet equipment. Now I know where the pictures were taken.

here are the other pics :

P-O

#4: Re: What's this tank please? (european pre-1942) Author: Smashy PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 8:35 pm
    ----
- the_shadock
thanks Massimo. I've bought a nice set of 10 pictures of captured British, French and Soviet equipment. Now I know where the pictures were taken.

I bought the same set off e-bay about 2 years ago!

#5: Re: What's this tank please? (european pre-1942) Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 8:40 pm
    ----
well, what does it means? Do you think that there photos were made in quantities during WW2, or could it be reprints from the postwar period?

P-O

#6: Re: What's this tank please? (european pre-1942) Author: Pzkpfw-e PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 8:43 pm
    ----
Same seller knocking them out every couple of years?

#7: Re: What's this tank please? (european pre-1942) Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 8:46 pm
    ----
I didn't buy them on Ebay, but on a French forum.

P-O

#8: Re: What's this tank please? (european pre-1942) Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 3:04 pm
    ----
Hello,

I received the photos today and frankly, they look original. Most of them have "Agfa Brovira" markings and "Foto-König G811 Grosskopie" stamp, one has something hand-writed in Gothic script. I think that several sets were printed and provided to some German officers.

P-O

-> AFV News Discussion Board