EW_Gorilla
-> EURO Squadron!

#1: EW_Gorilla Author: ShadesLocation: 3rd Branch up, 'Ye Olde Oak', Green Wood. PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 11:30 am
    ----
If you played CFS1, chances are you will have encountered the apes of the Elite Wing and their C.O. EW_Gorilla.

For many of us Gorilla was at the heart of the CFS1 community for game-play, chat, and teaching the game to others.
I had the pleasure and honour to befriend Gorilla and be tutored by him, before I had even heard of EURO.
This gave me unusual access to many squads in CFS1 who would normally have closed their doors to outsiders and even lead to me joining 607 Sqdn, EURO Group and, later, becoming an ape myself.

This morning I learned that Gorilla (Garth) has suffered a Stroke and is now in hospital in Scotland.
I am not personally religious, but his family are asking for all that knew him to send prayers and I honour their beliefs by passing this on.
Please do likewise.

This is not the start to the New Year I would have liked.
Many of the people I met through CFS1 have influenced me.
Not only in the world of CFS1 but also, unknowingly, in deciding to make some overdue changes to improve my real-world life from which I am now benefitting.
Garth was one of them.

¤§¤ brother ape.
You have been called to fight and it's time to get your 'nana out again.

#2: Re: EW_Gorilla Author: ShadesLocation: 3rd Branch up, 'Ye Olde Oak', Green Wood. PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 5:02 pm
    ----
I forgot to follow this up.
I managed to obtain 'Rilla's address and sent him some 'Get Well Soon' flowers.
Err.... kinda....!

Laughing

-> EURO Squadron!