Vehicles on the move at the MVTF (Jacques Littlefield's)
Go to page 1, 2  Next  :| |:
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Vehicles on the move at the MVTF (Jacques Littlefield's) Author: toadmanstankpictures PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 6:02 am
    ----
I've been fortunate to be able to spend lots of time at the Military Vehicle Technology Foundation covering all of the work that has been taking place in order to prepare for the auction and merger with the Collings Foundation. I've been adding pictures and video on almost a daily basis to my public Facebook page. Here's the link:

www.facebook.com/toadm...nkpictures

You do not need a Facebook account to view the contents.

Cheers!

#2: Re: Vehicles on the move at the MVTF (Jacques Littlefield's) Author: TrevorLarkumLocation: Northampton, England PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 10:37 pm
    ----
Just a reminder to everyone that the big auction is this weekend. There's a list of vehicles for sale here ($1.5M for an M4A3E2 Jumbo, $2.5M for a Pz IV, anyone?):

Auctions America

I have downloaded all the photos for posterity (if I use them I'll credit Auctions America) - I did them all by hand off the AA server, not realising when I started that there'd be more than 700!

Note there's an excellent catalogue available (it can be saved locally to your PC):

www.auctionsamerica.co...2014/LC14/

BTW, I found photos of a tank that isn't shown in the listings - a small mystery. I'm guessing it was withdrawn from sale:

Last edited by TrevorLarkum on Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:01 pm; edited 1 time in total

#3: Re: Vehicles on the move at the MVTF (Jacques Littlefield's) Author: binder001 PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 11:34 pm
    ----
Since I don't have the money I hadn't paid much attention to the sale, but I was shocked when viewing the listing to see the M4A3E2 up for sale. For some reason my lottery ticket didn't win, so I don't have the $2 million bucks to bring it to a loving home Smile

#4: Re: Vehicles on the move at the MVTF (Jacques Littlefield's) Author: TrevorLarkumLocation: Northampton, England PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 10:23 am
    ----
I've now gone through all the photos. Another mini-mystery - this image is labelled as an Abbot howitzer. I'd say it's an M5 Stuart:

but it doesn't look like the one on sale:

M5 Stuart

Maybe it's being kept, and just got photographed by mistake.

PS: Chris's facebook link above is highly recommended.

#5: Re: Vehicles on the move at the MVTF (Jacques Littlefield's) Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 10:11 pm
    ----
the M5 on sale was most probably repainted recently..

P-O

#6: Re: Vehicles on the move at the MVTF (Jacques Littlefield's) Author: TrevorLarkumLocation: Northampton, England PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 10:05 am
    ----
Fair point, the photos could have been taken on different days and the M5 was repainted in-between.

#7: Re: Vehicles on the move at the MVTF (Jacques Littlefield's) Author: toadmanstankpictures PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 3:45 am
    ----
Hi everyone,

I'm just now beginning to decompress from this week's events at the MVTF. It was a wild ride. I actually had a good cry there today as I stood inside one of the buildings at 0630hrs.

There were many surprises regarding sales prices high and low. The Sherman Jumbo, PzKpfw IV and LVT did not sell as they did not meet the reserve. The M4A2(76)HVSS went for $300,000 while the SdKfz 7 sold for $1,050,000. Other sales prices included $68,000 for a British Fox armored car, $47,000 for a Ferret and $37,000 for a GPW. On the low side, the Churchill Toad went for $70,000.

Trevor: The M5 photo was mistakenly added to the Abbot listing. I must've told them half a dozen times to pull it, but they never did. Fortunately, they listened to just about everything else that they were advised about. And yes, the M5 was repainted prior to the auction. The M5 sold for $270,000.

Anyway, I'll be continuing to update my Facebook page (Toadman's Tankpictures Facebook page which does not require a FB account to view, along with Instagram and Twitter.

My access to the MVTF is pretty much unlimited and I'll now be documenting the vehicles as they leave Crying or Very sad

Until next time!

#8: Re: Vehicles on the move at the MVTF (Jacques Littlefield's) Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:48 am
    ----
- toadmanstankpictures
There were many surprises regarding sales prices high and low. The Sherman Jumbo, PzKpfw IV and LVT did not sell as they did not meet the reserve. The M4A2(76)HVSS went for $300,000 while the SdKfz 7 sold for $1,050,000. Other sales prices included $68,000 for a British Fox armored car, $47,000 for a Ferret and $37,000 for a GPW. On the low side, the Churchill Toad went for $70,000

does it means they will keep the Jumbo, Panzer IV and LVT, or will they try to sell them anyway? The prices are quite surprising, but the M4A2(76) HVSS (generally speaking) did not participate to WW2 and has a very limited, say inexistant combat history, even during the war in Korea. Same for the Churchill Toad.

P-O

#9: Re: Vehicles on the move at the MVTF (Jacques Littlefield's) Author: toadmanstankpictures PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 2:40 pm
    ----
- the_shadock
- toadmanstankpictures
There were many surprises regarding sales prices high and low. The Sherman Jumbo, PzKpfw IV and LVT did not sell as they did not meet the reserve. The M4A2(76)HVSS went for $300,000 while the SdKfz 7 sold for $1,050,000. Other sales prices included $68,000 for a British Fox armored car, $47,000 for a Ferret and $37,000 for a GPW. On the low side, the Churchill Toad went for $70,000

does it means they will keep the Jumbo, Panzer IV and LVT, or will they try to sell them anyway? The prices are quite surprising, but the M4A2(76) HVSS (generally speaking) did not participate to WW2 and has a very limited, say inexistant combat history, even during the war in Korea. Same for the Churchill Toad.

P-O

AFAIK, they'll keep the Pz IV. I was told Saturday at the after auction party that they will restore it. No mention was made of the Jumbo or LVT.

With regards to the M4A2(76) and Churchill Toad, I completely agree.

#10: Re: Vehicles on the move at the MVTF (Jacques Littlefield's) Author: WalterLocation: Arnhem PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 3:24 pm
    ----
More then a milion for the SdKfz 7 ???
Who is so stupid to pay so much

Walter

#11: Re: Vehicles on the move at the MVTF (Jacques Littlefield's) Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 4:11 pm
    ----
with 1 million, you can buy many Shermans, lol.

#12: Re: Vehicles on the move at the MVTF (Jacques Littlefield's) Author: binder001 PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 4:29 pm
    ----
So I better keep buying lottery tickets so I can get MY M4A3E2 Smile

#13: Re: Vehicles on the move at the MVTF (Jacques Littlefield's) Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 6:10 am
    ----
I've done the total of the vehicles sale and they nearly reached 10 millions USD, not accounting the spare parts sale for.

Pierre-Olivier

#14: Re: Vehicles on the move at the MVTF (Jacques Littlefield's) Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 2:02 pm
    ----
Chris,
Any info on any of the "known" buyers?

Neil

#15: Re: Vehicles on the move at the MVTF (Jacques Littlefield's) Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 4:27 pm
    ----
a guy in Australia told me that he bought 12 of the vehicles, I'll have all the details.

P-O

-> AFV News Discussion Board