Vehicles on the move at the MVTF (Jacques Littlefield's)
Go to page Previous  1, 2  :| |:
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#16: Re: Vehicles on the move at the MVTF (Jacques Littlefield's) Author: toadmanstankpictures PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 4:38 pm
    ----
- Neil_Baumgardner
Chris,
Any info on any of the "known" buyers?

Neil

Nothing really. I didn't get a chance to talk to any but a few of them. Online articles are providing the best info so far. I will putting my business card in every vehicle before it leaves in order to hopefully find more info out.

Last edited by toadmanstankpictures on Wed Jul 16, 2014 6:14 pm; edited 1 time in total

#17: Re: Vehicles on the move at the MVTF (Jacques Littlefield's) Author: toadmanstankpictures PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 4:40 pm
    ----
- the_shadock
a guy in Australia told me that he bought 12 of the vehicles, I'll have all the details.

P-O

I'm pretty sure I know who you're talking about. He bought the Toad and 2S7 along with other vehicles and some parts lots.

#18: Re: Vehicles on the move at the MVTF (Jacques Littlefield's) Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 4:47 pm
    ----
I'm sure he's a serious guy, he knows well the military vehicles and what he bought will be onto good hands. Rod already owns 2 M3 Lees and some bits of Australian artillery called "pheasant" too, as far as I can recall. He will provide more details soon.

P-O

#19: Re: Vehicles on the move at the MVTF (Jacques Littlefield's) Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 4:52 pm
    ----
did he buy any of the Australian vehicles that were for sale?

P-O

#20: Re: Vehicles on the move at the MVTF (Jacques Littlefield's) Author: toadmanstankpictures PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 5:05 pm
    ----
- the_shadock
did he buy any of the Australian vehicles that were for sale?

P-O

I don't think so. I know that he was interested in the 6pdr ATG. I think he bought the Sexton, one of the Lynx pilot models (M113 1/2), one of the Jagdpanzer Kanones or the Beobachtungspanzer and was thinking about the M1A1 Abrams turret maintenance trainer. I have his card and can drop him a line as well. He told me that I could grab one of the Aussie carrier track links from his parts lot as a "thank you" for showing him around.

The Aussie 2pdr Carrier went to a local guy who lives about 30 minutes away. He also bought the Long Track radar. I gave him my card and he said I can come visit them later this year.

#21: Re: Vehicles on the move at the MVTF (Jacques Littlefield's) Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 11:53 am
    ----
This is what is goind to the Australian Armor and artillery Museum in Cairns (according to Rod Bellars) :

pallet lots
-tins
-bren carrier parts and track aussie
-Stuart tank wheels
-German tank track
-German tank small parts

vehicles
-huge cold war pion self propelled gun deactivated gun
-German observation panzer post war
-Churchill petard deac gun super rare nice bit
-Churchill flail tank d day pair with above amazing item
-German post war jagd tank heavily deac gun
-m113a1 rare aussie fire support vehicle coming home less gun one rob passionately wanted returned to Australia and reason he sent me
-m52 yank spg will leave gun in usa as again live gun 105mm
-t17e2 staghound flak wagen
-114a1 armoured command carrier with spare engine
-German tank sectioned trainer heavily deac gun
-btr 152 ex arab used com block item captured six day war another one rob had to have
-praga p53 flak wagen twin gun s heavily deactivated

P-O

#22: Re: Vehicles on the move at the MVTF (Jacques Littlefield's) Author: toadmanstankpictures PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 1:00 am
    ----
I was just advised that the T-54 and CVRT Samson will be heading to the Ontario Regiment Museum in Oshawa, ONT.

#23: Re: Vehicles on the move at the MVTF (Jacques Littlefield's) Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 11:40 am
    ----
it's surprising to hear that a military museum buys vehicles in an auction.. would never happen in France..

P-O

#24: Re: Vehicles on the move at the MVTF (Jacques Littlefield's) Author: Pzkpfw-e PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 12:59 pm
    ----
A bit more info on prices paid.

A partial list copied and pasted from a post on TankNet on 15 July:

-Panzer Mk IV: High Bid = $1,750,000 (still for sale)

-M4A3E2 Jumbo: High Bid = $800,000 (still for sale)

-M4A2 (76mm/HVSS): Sold = $345,000

-SCUD-A (Tracked TEL): Sold = $345,000

-M5 Stuart: Sold = $310,000

-M4A3 (75mm): Sold = $299,000

-M50 Israeli Sherman: Sold = $293,250

-Conqueror: Sold = $287,500

-M3A5 Grant: Sold = $276,000

-Leo 1A1A4: Sold = $198,950

-PT-76B: Sold = $172,500

-Chieftain Mk11 (w/dozer blade): Sold = $149,500

-FLAK 36 88mm: Sold = $126,500

-2S7 203mm SP: Sold = $92,000

-Centurion Mk13: Sold = $92,000

-Eland 90mm Mk7 Armored Car: Sold = $56,350

-Centurion Mk5: Sold = $66,700

#25: Re: Vehicles on the move at the MVTF (Jacques Littlefield's) Author: JimWebLocation: The back of beyond PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 8:38 pm
    ----
Any truth to the rumour that the auctioneers were offed $15m for the entire collection but turned it down on the grounds that auctioning them separately would yield more profit?

#26: Re: Vehicles on the move at the MVTF (Jacques Littlefield's) Author: Scott_TaylorLocation: London, Ontario PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 12:32 am
    ----
- the_shadock
it's surprising to hear that a military museum buys vehicles in an auction.. would never happen in France..

P-O

My suspicion is that it's a private collector who is affiliated with the Ontario Regiment museum who is buying the vehicles and then housing them at the museum. I believe that's already the case with several vehicles at the museum. I must say it will be neat seeing the T-54 on the move at next year's Tank Day at the end of May. If it's the person I'm thinking of, he already owns several CVR(T)s and a BMP-1 that were out and about at this year's Tank Day at the Ontario Regiment Museum. The CVR(T)s (Scorpion, a pair of Strikers, and a Spartan, if memory serves) were painted in the markings they wore during Operation Granby and had several crew members from that period brought over to once again crew the exact vehicles they drove in 1991 - quite amazing to see.

As for purchasing vehicles at auction, I met some people from a French museum at the Auburn auction in December 2012 who purchased several vehicles and took them back to France.

Cheers,

Scott

#27: Re: Vehicles on the move at the MVTF (Jacques Littlefield's) Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 8:53 am
    ----
- Scott_Taylor
As for purchasing vehicles at auction, I met some people from a French museum at the Auburn auction in December 2012 who purchased several vehicles and took them back to France

I know who your are talking about. The buyer is a private collector. I means that an army museum like Saumur or a tank regiment in France would never have bought tanks during an auction, as I thought the Ontario museum did. Now you've told me it is a private collector, what I said before makes no sense yet..

Pierre-Olivier

-> AFV News Discussion Board