It ain't no "Hot Rod Lincoln"...it's Johnny Bond's "X15"
-> JG300 Wild Sau Gruppe Public Forum

#1: It ain't no "Hot Rod Lincoln"...it's Johnny Bond's "X15" Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 1:51 am
    ----
I'm reading the book and it referenced a song that I just can't believe I've never heard.... Rolling Eyes

www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFrxRAk5W6w

#2: Re: It ain't no "Hot Rod Lincoln"...it's Johnny Bond's "X15" Author: JG300-fr8ycatLocation: Los Angeles PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:24 am
    ----
I like it. Especially the guitar.

#3: Re: It ain't no "Hot Rod Lincoln"...it's Johnny Bond's "X15" Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:35 am
    ----
Junior Brown would have a field day with this one. Wink

It was noted that there are some surprising details of accuracy in the song, such as thinking it was sinking like a cannonball while still going up. In reality (and a new trinket of info for me) was that the flight profile of the real deal called for nosing the X15 into a twenty degree nose down attitude before it had finished it's high altitude missions. This meant that the nose was deliberately pointed downward even as the aircraft continued to climb, possible because there was no atmospheric effect "up in thuh thin ahr."

Speaking of that familiar drawl, a certain Chuck Yeager (who never flew the X15, not for lack of trying, to the point of annoyance) comes out very poorly in regards to this program. It wasn't Neil Armstrong's best performance either, and he did fly it several times.

#4: Re: It ain't no "Hot Rod Lincoln"...it's Johnny Bond's "X15" Author: JG300-fr8ycatLocation: Los Angeles PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:50 am
    ----
- JG300-Ascout
Junior Brown would have a field day with this one. Wink

Funny you mention that. He was the first thing I thought of after hearing the guitar. Laughing

#5: Re: It ain't no "Hot Rod Lincoln"...it's Johnny Bond's "X15" Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 6:26 am
    ----
Johnny might be a little off on his flight plan, but it's hard to have a great racing song with an average engine burn time of 85 seconds (maybe 10 minutes from drop to landing, if that). Laughing

-> JG300 Wild Sau Gruppe Public Forum