APG Follow my leader!
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: APG Follow my leader! Author: Pzkpfw-e PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 8:45 pm
    ----

#2: Re: APG Follow my leader! Author: Costas_TT PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 2:02 am
    ----
A few more from the same series:
images.google.com/host...d2455.html
images.google.com/host...d8cb8.html
images.google.com/host...5b28e.html
images.google.com/host...9d4f6.html

#3: Re: APG Follow my leader! Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 2:11 am
    ----
One notices that all the vehicles in this series are presented with minimal profiles...that is to say, "all buttoned up". Is there any explanation as to the purpose of this exercise...such as vehicle recognition, target presentation, etc.? As two observers are in pith helmets, presumably the temperatures must have been on the high side (as they can be at APG in summer). Interesting also that they are wearing sidearms (which could just be wartime photo-op drama). Buttoned up in a hot Maryland summer would have been...disagreeable.

#4: Re: APG Follow my leader! Author: Costas_TT PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 3:01 am
    ----
The date given by Life is July 1950, with the Korean War not even a month old. Maybe this was a factor?
And an older thread on the subject:
www.com-central.net/in...ic&p=86302
related:
beutepanzer.ru/Beutepa...-34_2.html

#5: Re: APG Follow my leader! Author: Dennis_Smith PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 3:09 am
    ----
Life magazine article

#6: Re: APG Follow my leader! Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 3:55 am
    ----
- Dennis_Smith

Thanks! Tanks, Sugar Bear AND Joan Fontaine in a singe issue, what's not to like?!

-> AFV News Discussion Board