I could SO go for one of these
-> JG300 Wild Sau Gruppe Public Forum

#1: I could SO go for one of these Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 2:45 am
    ----
I just dig the 67-69 body style of these cars, just the right amount of curvaciousness...

www.youtube.com/watch?v=5NwsERB16U0

My '66 Mustang 2+2 Fastback also had a rear seat that folded flat and you could lay out on it with your girlfriend and look at the stars through that big rear glass window. Or at least, she could...

#2: Re: I could SO go for one of these Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 3:52 am
    ----
A long departed buddy acquired two '65 'Cuda's...one a Formula S (modest on power with the 273 4bbl, but a 4 speed car with better handling). The early 'Cuda's were basically Valiants with a fastback roof, but at least pre-dated Camaros. Plus, the wheels/tires were awkwardly small for the profile. The family still has the base 'Cuda, in "barn find" condition, not restored...sadly, the Form S got away not long after his passing, which would be the one that would be of interest. If a Mustang was a Falcon (which it was), the 'Cuda was the same thing until the E-bodies...which looked great, but once the mist is wiped from the eyes, were really crappily-built cars.

Those early 'Cuda's were like the short lived Rambler Marlin...long on line, short on guts, but still decent-looking cars.

#3: Re: I could SO go for one of these Author: JG300-fr8ycatLocation: Los Angeles PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 3:30 am
    ----
My firend has a 64 or 65. Pretty cool little car. Has the 6 cyl with the push button auto trans. He's not winning any drag races but it's a nice little weekend cruiser.

Another friend has Stoopy's 66 fast back that's been sitting in his garage. Since seeing me do all the work on my Cougar I think he's got the "bug" to get wrenchin on his Stang.

#4: Re: I could SO go for one of these Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 3:53 am
    ----
- JG300-fr8ycat
My firend has a 64 or 65. Pretty cool little car. Has the 6 cyl with the push button auto trans. He's not winning any drag races but it's a nice little weekend cruiser.

Another friend has Stoopy's 66 fast back that's been sitting in his garage. Since seeing me do all the work on my Cougar I think he's got the "bug" to get wrenchin on his Stang.

The mid-'60's were pretty cool, but the first ones, not so much. I have a '65 edition of a Car Craft or Motor Trend road test around here. Here's one published figure with the 273 HP:

1966 Plymouth Barracuda (CD)
273ci/235hp, 4spd, 3.23, 0-60 - 9.1, 1/4 mile - 17.60 @ 81mph

It's good to live in a time where that 0-60 is attainably cut in half.

-> JG300 Wild Sau Gruppe Public Forum