U2 Confusion
Go to page Previous  1, 2  :| |:
-> Officer's Club

#16: Re: U2 Confusion Author: ShadesLocation: 3rd Branch up, 'Ye Olde Oak', Green Wood. PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 6:42 am
    ----
Them's Greys, ya Bumpkin!
Reds isn't eaters.

#17: Re: U2 Confusion Author: pineyLocation: Republic of Southern New Jersey PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 9:57 am
    ----
- Shades
Reds isn't eaters.

he says with a mouthful of Chicken McNuggets

#18: Re: U2 Confusion Author: bsmartLocation: Central Maryland PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 7:06 pm
    ----
[quote="JG300-Ascout"]
- bsmart
- JG300-Ascout
"The agency said it had now added more flight-processing memory to the computer system." [\quote]

"...and we're expecting quantum improvements from that 1990 8MB RAM chip found in the bottom of the IT guys' desk drawer..."

It isn't quite THAT bad. The system was upgraded several years ago and is now running on early 2000 technology (IBM AIX 4.3 or 5.2).

Up until the end of March I could have walked down the hall and talked to the guys that wrote the software and supported the system. But I was retired/layed off then so have somewhat lost my contacts.

Ahhhh....so it was your old desk drawer they found that chip in! Laughing

No - I didn't work on that system. I spent the last 10 years or so supporting systems that were installed in Korea (DEC hardware installed in 1999) Albania and Kazakhstan (regularly upgraded and pretty current) But I probably know the folks that did the work!

#19: Re: U2 Confusion Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 7:46 pm
    ----
- Shades
Reds isn't eaters.

That's because Reds have been documented as having poorer recovery skills at finding their buried nuts. A nice way of saying they forget where they hide them more often than greys....thus adapting themselves out of the population. Wink

-> Officer's Club