AAF Tank Museum
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: AAF Tank Museum Author: recon4ww2Location: western Ohio PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 11:52 pm
    ----
The AAF Tank Museum has chosen West Liberty Ohio for its new location.
Just officially announced. please spread the word.

#2: Re: AAF Tank Museum Author: Rick_EshlemanLocation: Lewes, Delaware, USA PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 12:34 am
    ----
Thanks recon4ww2. When is this move going to happen? I just visited the Danville, VA AAF Museum last December, nice collection. Rick

#3: Re: AAF Tank Museum Author: recon4ww2Location: western Ohio PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 3:28 am
    ----
The move will happen hopefully before summer is over.

#4: Re: AAF Tank Museum Author: Garry_RedmonLocation: Kentucky PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 3:46 pm
    ----
Any reason given for the move?

#5: Re: AAF Tank Museum Author: recon4ww2Location: western Ohio PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 4:13 pm
    ----
I was told Mr Gasser doesn't feel the Danville community appreciates or supports the museum.

#6: Re: AAF Tank Museum Author: Rick_EshlemanLocation: Lewes, Delaware, USA PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 8:51 pm
    ----
It seems that the AAF Museum may be staying in VA. It still hasn't moved, and I found this article: www.timesdispatch.com/...ce67e.html . I hope you all can see the article, with all those letter and numbers I may have missed one! I did photograph the collection last December, and it's posted on flickr. Rick

#7: Re: AAF Tank Museum Author: recon4ww2Location: western Ohio PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 9:18 pm
    ----
Right, turns out the money for the move to W. Liberty wasn't there.

#8: Re: AAF Tank Museum Author: Misfire PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 2:24 am
    ----
- recon4ww2
I was told Mr Gasser doesn't feel the Danville community appreciates or supports the museum.

The collection is impressive and the facility is more than adequate. If patronage and attendance is disappointing, perhaps the problem lies elsewhere, apart from geography.

#9: Re: AAF Tank Museum Author: bsmartLocation: Central Maryland PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 2:59 pm
    ----
- Rick_Eshleman
It seems that the AAF Museum may be staying in VA. It still hasn't moved, and I found this article: www.timesdispatch.com/...ce67e.html . I hope you all can see the article, with all those letter and numbers I may have missed one! I did photograph the collection last December, and it's posted on flickr. Rick

I was there a few years ago. I found the staff there that day ( I think mainly family members) to be cold and un responsive.ery nice physical collection but when I asked questions I got the impression they didn't care. Attendance that day was pretty good for late November - early December.

#10: Re: AAF Tank Museum Author: Kurt_Laughlin PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 4:33 pm
    ----
- Misfire
The collection is impressive and the facility is more than adequate. If patronage and attendance is disappointing, perhaps the problem lies elsewhere, apart from geography.

The geography factor is substantial. It's well off the path of the major north-south and east-west routes.

KL

-> AFV News Discussion Board