new vehicle conservation unit at Bovington ,
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: new vehicle conservation unit at Bovington , Author: jtrowbridge5 PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 8:02 pm
    ----
how many tanks can you name

#2: Re: new vehicle conservation unit at Bovington , Author: jtrowbridge5 PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 8:07 pm
    ----
sorry didn't give Album details
http://jtrowbridge5.smugmug.com/How-many-tanks-can-you-name/
Dennis

#3: Re: new vehicle conservation unit at Bovington , Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 9:58 am
    ----
Dennis,

I will be visiting Bovington twice in late June, and I hope that the conservation centre will be open to the public. Are we able to walk through the vehicles or do we have to stay a bit far away from them?

I'd like to try to get some of the Shermans serial numbers...

P-O

#4: Re: new vehicle conservation unit at Bovington , Author: jtrowbridge5 PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 3:19 pm
    ----
Hi
Be very careful with time,the unit is only open for 1hour per day,yes that's right one hour per day.from 2 pm until 3 pm.
There is only one entrance That leads you upstairs to a small viewing platform.
I asked about access to floor space ,but no way with "health and safety"
Also the whole shed is very dark
Dennis

#5: Re: new vehicle conservation unit at Bovington , Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 8:49 pm
    ----
thanks Dennis

#6: Re: new vehicle conservation unit at Bovington , Author: bialy-rLocation: POLAND PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 5:50 pm
    ----
Any good photos of:

Oxford Carrier
Cambridge Carrier

Most wanted

#7: Re: Tankfest Author: zemsiLocation: Switzerland PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 3:22 pm
    ----
... is anybody going to the Tankfest next Weekend? I'll be there both days.

Greetings
Chris

-> AFV News Discussion Board