Fort Wayne - Detroit, MI - M4(105) Pilot and Friends Gallery
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Fort Wayne - Detroit, MI - M4(105) Pilot and Friends Gallery Author: vagabondLocation: Constantly moving across US PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 2:38 am
    ----
Hi All,

We’ve posted a gallery of photos from Historic Fort Wayne in Detroit, MI. On display are M4(105) SN 44272 - the pilot vehicle for the series - as well as an M19 GMC and an M114 along with varied artillery pieces.

www.vgbimages.com/AFV-...497_SnBvQg

#2: Re: Fort Wayne - Detroit, MI - M4(105) Pilot and Friends Gal Author: armyjunk2 PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 5:51 pm
    ----
I believe the tube on the left is a 14cm Deck gun for the Spanish ship Vizcaya, several tubes off her are around the country. A Spanish-American War prize. The other are Civil War era, Parrots

#3: Re: Fort Wayne - Detroit, MI - M4(105) Pilot and Friends Gallery Author: vagabondLocation: Constantly moving across US PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 2:44 pm
    ----
Hi AJ2,

According to the gent I spoke to at Fort Wayne, the tube on the left is from the USS New York (ACR2) - a participant in the Battle of Santiago de Cuba. It is one of four surviving tubes from the New York.

EDIT - After an email from AJ2, it's looking like I fell for the old "believe the museum guy" routine again! I'm going with AJ2's ID and have changed gallery captions as such.

-> AFV News Discussion Board