M2 and M2A1 Medium Tank
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: M2 and M2A1 Medium Tank Author: Rick_EshlemanLocation: Lewes, Delaware, USA PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 9:02 pm
    ----
A few views of the M2 series.

#2: Re: M2 and M2A1 Medium Tank Author: Rick_EshlemanLocation: Lewes, Delaware, USA PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 9:03 pm
    ----
Some of my photos.

#3: Re: M2 and M2A1 Medium Tank Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 12:29 am
    ----
M2's at Heard MP

(Skip to 12:44, for some reason, I can't get it to share from that point as usual)

Lots of 'em, in what became Heard Motor Park, aka the Armor Board. Worked on this very spot for two years...of course, they'd poured some concrete and made other improvements. This facility and the building across Spearhead Div Ave. (former Seventh Ave) is still there and looks pretty much the same...certainly recognizable. Laughing

#4: Re: M2 and M2A1 Medium Tank Author: JWB2 PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 6:47 am
    ----
I didn't need to skip to 12:44 it started there anyway. Really cool video. I am always fascinated by slices of Americana.

#5: Re: M2 and M2A1 Medium Tank Author: Rick_EshlemanLocation: Lewes, Delaware, USA PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:23 am
    ----
Great video, thanks Doug!

#6: Re: M2 and M2A1 Medium Tank Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 6:04 pm
    ----
- Rick_Eshleman
Great video, thanks Doug!

Are any of those known to be stills taken during (or not) filming of the movie? That would be awesome. Notice in the "fun" recruiting poster film, there is also a long line of M2's motoring by on Seventh Ave.

I looked at the film and my stills again and can pretty much fix the camera points...and oddly enough, I'd not seen that video prior to 2006, it was just the row one row of six that I most recalled.

Owners of the Hunnicutt Chronicles will recognize many pictures going back to Stuart and before that were taken either in the rows or at the end of one of the six buildings (usually with scales or some other size reference).

#7: Re: M2 and M2A1 Medium Tank Author: Garry_RedmonLocation: Kentucky PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:19 pm
    ----
It loos like they used to play baseball on Brooks Field.

#8: Re: M2 and M2A1 Medium Tank Author: Rick_EshlemanLocation: Lewes, Delaware, USA PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:21 pm
    ----
Doug,
Not sure if those stills came from the movie. I got them at MHI in Carlisle, PA in the 1980's. Only info says they are M2A1 medium Tanks. Rick

-> AFV News Discussion Board